• Global announcements

CWMania is Signing Off

It's with mixed emotions that I announce to you that CWMania will be permanently closed down April 23rd. I am elated that the website I started for fans of Canada's Wonderland has been so successful and had a long life in terms of enthusiast sites over the last 11 years. I am sad when I realize our time here has come to end. I am hopeful that all Wonderland fans and members of this site will find a home elsewhere to share and discuss thoughts about our beloved amusement park.

Looking back through the years, I've seen the site progress through the stages of life, not unlike a human life. As an infant, the site was constantly growing, we were always learning and all we wanted was more of everything. Through the rebellious "teenage" years, we had some disagreements, had to move away from our "home" at the old webhost, and shaped our personality as a fan community. Throughout the last few years, I'm proud to say that we've become the fan community that many others have modeled themselves after. We've earned the respect and admiration of people everywhere, not the least of which is the management of Canada's Wonderland itself. We've now reached the age where it's time to move on.

I am sure you wonder why I've made this decision. There are several reasons in reality, but most of all, I no longer have time to invest in the site to make it the place that the members deserve, nor the energy to keep up with the changing times. In addition, we've always been blessed with a dedicated staff that made CWMania a great place to be. Most of those staff members have moved on pursue other opportunities and the time has come for the rest of us to move on as well.

On that note, I want to thank the staff members over the years that have contributed and given so much to the site. I want to extend an extra special thanks to Jeff and Nick for the amazing efforts throughout the forums, fantastic coverage of media events and great spirit of leadership throughout our CWMania events and everyday activities.

Most of all, I want to thank all CWManiacs for making the site what it has come to be. We've had group events and established long term friendships with other fans of Canada's Wonderland. We've shared our geeky fascination with the amusement park world, our love of airtime and endless supply of curiosity about new rides coming to the park. You are one of the best groups of people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I hope to see you all again, walking the paths of "Our Wonderland".

Dan

Views: 307  •  Comments: 11  •  Post a reply [ Back ]