Login   Register   FAQ   Search 

Postby mess98 » May 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Well... count me out for the day.
I just woke up :rofl:

mess98

Junior CWManiac

Postby rollin_n_coastin » May 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Talk about a beautiful day today! Early entry for pass holders worked out really well with getting quite a few rides of Leviathan in as well as Drop Tower, at least before Drop Tower had some difficulties before opening.

What a huge difference not riding with a winter coat on! That first drop is just amazing and the speed just never lets up. Such a great ride! The tunnel is definitely a great head chopper and really gives a sense of how fast you're going. If you blink, you'll miss it!

Fast Pass was selling well and was being managed really well. Very smooth and seamless at all the rides ridden today.

For anyone curious as to how lines were early to mid afternoon: Behemoth was just over an hour around 1pm, Backlot was around 1 to 1.5 hours at around 1pm and Windseeker opened at around 4:30pm with a long line and somewhat slow operations. Time Warp and Flight Deck had full queues. Sledge Hammer was being worked on and tested throughout the day. Leviathan was around 1.5 hours at around 3:30pm (See pic below). Not bad considering what a beautiful day it, which sure brought a lot of people out, including a full parking lot.

A really great day overall!
Attachments

Leviathan 3pm Opening Day.jpg
Leviathan "extended, extended queue" at 3:30pm on Opening Day
Last edited by rollin_n_coastin on May 06, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollin_n_coastin

Junior CWManiac

Postby jokey » May 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Sort of seems like a good decision to stay home today if the lines looked like this. Glad I decided to go next Sunday instead of this Sunday!

jokey

Junior CWManiac

Postby TimgHill » May 06, 2012 6:51 pm

It was a good day today. Awesome weather, but busy. The Season Pass processing line was all the way around the front forest area. I feel bad for anyone in that line. It should be a good season this year.

TimgHill

CWManiac

Postby Umeris » May 06, 2012 7:38 pm

wow, it looks like it got even busier after I left, was there from 10-2pm and it was acceptable at first but later I entered the queue for Leviathan at 1:07 and got on Leviathan at 2:03, after that I decided to go because it just got too busy for my likings.
Behemoth count: 61
Leviathan count: 66
Umeris

Junior CWManiac

Postby Vince982 » May 09, 2012 7:31 am

chadta wrote:almost any weekday before schools let out is good, weekends late in october are good, some weekends before july, not the long weekend.

When are the best times to go to CP ?

We got lucky one year on canada day the place was empty, but full of bugs, a tradeoff id take anyday.

Weekdays in May and early June, but there are thousands of school kids there so I really believe the days of finding the park empty are slowly disappearing. Sundays can be alright early in the season too.

Vince982

New CWManiac

Previous