Wonderland Merchandise Thread

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Wonderland Merchandise Thread

Post by ThrillFan » 04 Oct 2014, 17:23

I don't have any haunt merchandise yet... Then again I'm not a haunt maniac like, er, Haunt Maniac. :)

I did get a new Leviathan shirt recently, and noticed that those have had some different designs.

I might get a haunt shirt at Hauntmania....

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 16 Jul 2015, 08:30

I go through the merchandise most visits, just to see if they've got anything new in that I'd like... Finally saw some Vortex shirts... And they've still got the wrong logo on them :(

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 16 Jul 2015, 14:24

Merchandise at Wonderland is horrible! Every time I go to Disney I spend over $500 on pins alone. Last year I bought over 100 Disney pins and over 50 pins from Universal. Just think if CW ever got a pin trading program going good. They could actually help to buy new rides just with pin sales.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Jul 2015, 16:54

HAUNT MANIAC wrote:Merchandise at Wonderland is horrible! Every time I go to Disney I spend over $500 on pins alone. Last year I bought over 100 Disney pins and over 50 pins from Universal. Just think if CW ever got a pin trading program going good. They could actually help to buy new rides just with pin sales.
HAUNT MANIAC, I wouldn't call the merchandise at Canada's Wonderland horrible, I'd just say it's old and repetitive especially depending on the stores you visit throughout the park. Many souvenirs are years old and need to be replaced as many t-shirt prints are peeling and becoming quite illegible and more than likely won't sell. But. if they're in good condition they'll still sell if you're looking for older souvenir t-shirts. I just wish the new ride t-shirts weren't made so cheaply and didn't feature new "logos". I prefer the old ride logos on ride t-shirts.
Finally saw some Vortex shirts... And they've still got the wrong logo on them
Honorarius, I'm quite sure they've been selling those same Vortex t-shirts for the past few years. I myself was quite disappointed when I saw Kings Island's Vortex logo on the T-shirt. I would have bought one if it had the Canada's Wonderland Vortex logo on it. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to produce t-shirts with our Vortex logo on it.

Other than the souvenirs being old and some t-shirts being inaccurate, Canada's Wonderland offers a wide selection of souvenirs to offer. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 16 Jul 2015, 18:55

Johnlloyd wrote:
Many souvenirs are years old and need to be replaced as many t-shirt prints are peeling and becoming quite illegible and more than likely won't sell. But. if they're in good condition they'll still sell if you're looking for older souvenir t-shirts. I just wish the new ride t-shirts weren't made so cheaply and didn't feature new "logos". I prefer the old ride logos on ride t-shirts.
It's all the extra crap on the shirt that I find detracting... I prefer a cleaner design... Some of the newer Leviathan shirts are of the simple 'ride logo on a solid color shirt' and don't have any of the extra splashes/streaks/blotches et cetera... Now if only they had more rides represented on shirts in this style... Wouldn't mind seeing some more of the original park logo either...
Johnlloyd wrote:
Honorarius, I'm quite sure they've been selling those same Vortex t-shirts for the past few years. I myself was quite disappointed when I saw Kings Island's Vortex logo on the T-shirt. I would have bought one if it had the Canada's Wonderland Vortex logo on it. I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to produce t-shirts with our Vortex logo on it.
The really annoying part was that one version of it even had the stats of CW's Vortex on it... Someone took the time to look up the length/height/speed of the ride but didn't notice that the logo has a the wrong type of coaster on it...

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 14 Aug 2017, 10:36

During my trip to Kings Island, I noticed that they had some metal and plastic Eiffel Tower models you could buy, most with the park name on them in some form or another. It's such a great, simple little souvenir to buy and it made me think that Wonderland should have that, but with Wonder Mountain. I know that it would be a little more difficult to manufacture (and design with the many intricacies of the mountain's shape), but I could see that being very popular! I would buy one in an instant! It can be metal, plastic, ceramic, etc, and coloured, shaded, monochromatic, grey, or whatever! I could even see having multiple versions made from different material and in different colour varieties being hugely popular! Hey, you could even have a Starlight Spectacular version that has something drawn on the front, like that dragon!

I don't see much of an issue with including Thunder Run and, from the exterior, Guardian isn't very intrusive on the structure, but the Vortex track reaches out over Lake LeBarge, so I don't think having that part of it would be necessary. Where do you draw the line and cut the track, though? To me, even if it were just Wonder Mountain with no add-ons, I would buy it. (The "1981" model, if you will. :D ) If they have another version that includes Thunder Run, Guardian, and portions of Vortex, I would buy that too (as in, in addition to the "1981" model). If they had one with Thunder Run and Guardian but no Vortex, I would probably still buy it, but wouldn't be quite as excited about it. Honestly, I don't even care what the price is for a tiny little model of Wonder Mountain, I want to own it and have it on display.*

Wonder Mountain is an iconic structure, more so than the Eiffel Tower, so I would want it to be a fairly accurate recreation. I understand it won't be perfect no matter how hard they try, but as long as they try harder than they did with the drawing of Wonder Mountain on the park map (or the smooshed one in the snow globes, for that matter), I think I'll be satisfied. 8)

There's so much potential here! I might try to suggest this next time I visit the park. Anyone else on board with this idea?

*Alright, I do have my limits. If I'm only buying one, I would pay as much as $40 to $50 for it (depending on how accurate it is). If they have multiple versions, I wouldn't really want to spend more than $20 or $25 on each.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 14 Aug 2017, 11:59

I'd buy a small one... Esp if it had the old logo on it somewhere...

Also, would it hurt them to throw another park photographer somewhere back in Planet Snoopy??? At the bridge with the arch behind them or where the characters come out to meet would be a good both be good spot for pictures...

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 01 Feb 2018, 12:20

Yeah, a photographer in Planet Snoopy would be a great idea. With FunPix, I believe there's a photo spot or two around the areas you mentioned, but a professional photo would be great.

Anyone else looking forward to new merchandise to match Lumberjack and Flying Canoes? I'd buy a foam axe or plush canoe and can see them both being very popular with families.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 01 Feb 2018, 19:20

I'm always on the lookout for more park merch... Why is our selection so poor??? Do Canadians not buy souvenirs???

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 02 Feb 2018, 07:24

You missed out, Ty. I already have a Wonder Mountain sculpture . When I find it, I will show you.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 02 Feb 2018, 08:42

I'd like to see it too if you could...

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Feb 2018, 23:37

Honorarius wrote:I'm always on the lookout for more park merch... Why is our selection so poor??? Do Canadians not buy souvenirs???
Canadians seem to be a very thrifty people who would rather save money for real estate than in actually having fun.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 09 Feb 2018, 08:43

Johnny Au wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 23:37
Honorarius wrote:I'm always on the lookout for more park merch... Why is our selection so poor??? Do Canadians not buy souvenirs???
Canadians seem to be a very thrifty people who would rather save money for real estate than in actually having fun.
I buy souvenirs at the park, but usually nearing the end of the season when most things are on sale, such as souvenir ride t-shirts. I do agree with Honorarius that the selection of souvenirs has been not the best for the past few seasons. I am hoping 2018 is when we begin to see a wider selection of merchandise. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 11 Feb 2018, 17:35

Johnlloyd wrote:
09 Feb 2018, 08:43
Johnny Au wrote:
03 Feb 2018, 23:37
I buy souvenirs at the park, but usually nearing the end of the season when most things are on sale, such as souvenir ride t-shirts. I do agree with Honorarius that the selection of souvenirs has been not the best for the past few seasons. I am hoping 2018 is when we begin to see a wider selection of merchandise. 8)
Even the discounts for souvenirs with a season pass may not be enough.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 12 Feb 2018, 15:16

They used to have 50% off sales at the end of the season to get rid of old merch, but now, they just keep old merch on the exact same self for 5 years until someone buys it. What happened to pins? I have so many Wonderland pins, but now, the only ones they have are in the Snoopy Boutique, but again, they are in a small basket and have been sitting on the same shelf now for over 5 years. When the park opens this year, go to Snoopy Boutique and you will see them, I guarantee it!