Season Pass Preview Night

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Season Pass Preview Night

Postby teenagedirtbag » 29 Apr 2015, 12:40

They did tweet that in reference that there would be a charge for parking that night. They later tweeted again that parking would be free and they made an error in the previous post.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 30 Apr 2015, 19:10

I can't wait for tomorrow night to come! It's going to be an amazing night for Season Pass Holders as the weather is going to great, the rides are going to be excellent as always, and the park is going to look great once again! 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

ronatola
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Re: Sneak Preview Night

Postby ronatola » 02 May 2015, 13:22

Well we went to Sneak Peak Night May 1 2015 and boy was it busy!
We arrived at 6pm and had to wait just to get into the park. There were hundreds of people lined up 60 deep just to enter.
We went straight for Leviathon. We waited 50 minutes. I have NEVER had to wait so long before. Then we went to Behemoth and waited 40 minutes.
We still had a fun night and went on other rides, but it was busier than any normal day I have ever been to, but then again, I usually wait for a gray day with a light rain drizzle to go.
They new Slingshot ride only had about 6 ppl waiting in line tho. Probably small due to the fear factor.

Johnlloyd wrote:
ronatola wrote:Hello.
I just got an invite for the Sneak Preview Night on May 1st and was thinking of taking my Daughter. I have never been.
From past experience - can anyone tell me if it is very busy on that day?

I've been to Season Pass Sneak Preview Night the last two years and it isn't busy whatsoever. The rides are "walk-on's" as the lines are minimal to non-existent. It's a wonderful time for season pass holders to check out the park if they have the time. Also, Welcome to CWMania Ronatola! 8)

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Sneak Preview Night

Postby Honorarius » 03 May 2015, 07:26

ronatola wrote:Well we went to Sneak Peak Night May 1 2015 and boy was it busy!
We arrived at 6pm and had to wait just to get into the park. There were hundreds of people lined up 60 deep just to enter.
We went straight for Leviathon. We waited 50 minutes. I have NEVER had to wait so long before. Then we went to Behemoth and waited 40 minutes.
We still had a fun night and went on other rides, but it was busier than any normal day I have ever been to, but then again, I usually wait for a gray day with a light rain drizzle to go.
They new Slingshot ride only had about 6 ppl waiting in line tho. Probably small due to the fear factor.

Johnlloyd wrote:
ronatola wrote:Hello.
I just got an invite for the Sneak Preview Night on May 1st and was thinking of taking my Daughter. I have never been.
From past experience - can anyone tell me if it is very busy on that day?

I've been to Season Pass Sneak Preview Night the last two years and it isn't busy whatsoever. The rides are "walk-on's" as the lines are minimal to non-existent. It's a wonderful time for season pass holders to check out the park if they have the time. Also, Welcome to CWMania Ronatola! 8)

Now I'm very glad I didn't skip work to go...

chadta
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby chadta » 03 May 2015, 20:22

I went too, we skipped Levi and went to behemoth, did it 3 times without getting off, did stunt track, minebuster, looked at a broken down sledge hammer, did beast which was lined up back to the mouse maze, the retracking of the first hill is great, but i still hate the rest of the ride, altho its a bit better than whatever they call it down at kings dominion, i think its grizzly, did a few of the flats in the area, drop tower and what not, by then it was 7 and the park was just to busy for me so we left.

kinda bummed that i skipped out of work early for that, but oh well

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 04 May 2015, 11:57

I went to Season Pass Sneak Preview Night as well. I arrived at 5:30 pm. I was not impressed by how large the lines were when I got there just to get into the park. I've been to Season Pass Sneak Preview Night for the past two years and every ride was a walk-on then but, not this year because Season Pass Holders had the option to bring up to four friends for $9.99 each. Clearly many took up on that offer. I also wasn't impressed by how long the ride lines were as I was only able to ride nine rides when usually I would have been able to ride around 15-20 on that night. I had left around 8:30 pm because the park was still packed. I just wasn't impressed by Season Pass Sneak Preview Night like I had been for the past two years. Let's just say the park was busier than a mid-day in July. :( I hope Season Pass Sneak Preview Night will revert back just to being for Season Pass Holders. Other than that, any staff members I did encounter were very friendly and nice, the park was beautiful and the rides I did get to ride ran nicely. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby teenagedirtbag » 04 May 2015, 12:36

I to was greatly disappointed in the Season Pass Preview Night. Though I can't complain about the pass holders who brought a friend cause i did the same I think the park was unprepared for such a night.

We got to the park around 6:30 and the line up to buy tickets was lined up pretty much to the parking lot. Luckily we were able to buy the bring-a-friend tickets on our mobile devices so we did that rather then line up and went to line up to get through the turnstiles which were about 50 deep. Once we got in we decided to take a picture with one of the photo guys at the front gate as this was a family outing for us. I couldnt be more disappointed with our photo. it turned out completely white washed due to the sun you can barely see our faces. We didn't end up buying the photos cause they just turned out horrible.

We rode Dragon Fyre, Leviathan, Vortex, Minebuster and Zombies 4D. I found the loading staff for Dragonfyre and Minebuster quite slow. Leviathan and Vortex were good with their timing. Zombies 4D was ok. I did notice on all the rides that they had a worker standing at the entrance to the station queues only allowing a certain amount of guests in at a time. The only ride that didn't have this was Dragon Fyre.

I agree with the rest of the people here that hopefully they revert back to just season pass holders in future years or else I won't be going again. I rather wait for a season pass bring a friend in the year to bring friends or family.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 04 May 2015, 14:19

I agree with the rest of the people here that hopefully they revert back to just season pass holders in future years or else I won't be going again. I rather wait for a season pass bring a friend in the year to bring friends or family.

Teenagedirtbag, I agree that bring a friend for Season Pass holders should only be during the regular season as not everyone is going to be there all at once.

It was very crowded all at once, compared to a normal operating day because people usually come throughout the day which usually makes it busy by 1:30 pm as I always get to the park before 10:00 am when I visit, so I notice the trends of when people visit Canada's Wonderland. Also, the ride lines were quite long and for some unknown reason Riptide had the worst loading procedure I had ever seen! For the longest time they were only loading 10 people into each row which made the line move really slow and they also only had people lining up in one line to board Riptide. That only stopped around 8:00 when the ride operator yelled out the operating booth up to the ride attendants saying they were told to fully load the ride. Also, I didn't like how many ride queue lines weren't fully opened which caused people to flow out onto the paths which, caused major congestion throughout some sections of the park. Hopefully, Canada's Wonderland doesn't continue that deal for Season Pass Sneak Preview Night, as the night wasn't just for Season Pass holders, which made it really busy. 8)

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 06 May 2015, 19:30

Here's a short video that I had filmed of the Royal Fountains on International Street at Season Pass Sneak Preview Night. They are very beautiful fountains even thought the full effect of them happened before I had gotten my camera out. 8)

ronatola
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby ronatola » 07 May 2015, 14:25

I completed the online survey they just sent me and said I wouldn't be going to SNEAK PEEK anymore if they continue with the 'bring a friend' campaign, because it causes the lineups to be too long.

kunpc1

Postby kunpc1 » 07 May 2015, 18:04

This was some of the best weather we've ever had for a SPPN. It was definitely busy. The majority of guests were actually Season Pass Holders (not as many "bring-a-friends as you may think).
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Texas Twister
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Texas Twister » 08 May 2015, 01:07

man some of you people make me sick, "there are too many people at SPPN" "Fast pass isn't fair to those who can't afford it" "fury 425 is better than what we have"
Man can't any of you be thankful for what you have? Heres and Idea take your season pass and go as much as you want... I know I will be taking full advantage of this bring a friend promo.. Heck I might ask my friend to use her pass to do the same...Then you know what im gonna do buy everyone in my group a fast pass plus just too annoy all you gripe grudgers

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 08 May 2015, 01:30

Texas Twister wrote:man some of you people make me sick, "there are too many people at SPPN" "Fast pass isn't fair to those who can't afford it" "fury 425 is better than what we have"
Man can't any of you be thankful for what you have? Heres and Idea take your season pass and go as much as you want... I know I will be taking full advantage of this bring a friend promo.. Heck I might ask my friend to use her pass to do the same...Then you know what im gonna do buy everyone in my group a fast pass plus just too annoy all you gripe grudgers

Personally, I do go to Canada's Wonderland many times with my season pass, 10 times last year to be exact. I just think Season Pass Sneak Preview Night had lost its meaning this year as people could bring up to four friends unlike previous years. I do bring friends once in a while when an admission ticket deal is on at the park like I had once last July when they wanted to go. My friends were satisfied for not using Fast Lane as the park wasn't too busy as it was a weekday and it was cool as, not only July was cool but, the whole summer was. To be honest, I don't think the target audience for Fast Lane is Season Pass holders but those who only visit the park once throughout the whole season usually use it. So, maybe you need to tone down a bit... Also, I do greatly appreciate Canada's Wonderland for what it is and how they've grown and thrived over the years.8)

Texas Twister
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Texas Twister » 08 May 2015, 01:52

Naw I don't need to do anything, that money that Canadas wonderland generated by the bring a friend thing probably will go to future park improvements. Also like kunpc1 said the majority were season pass holders so the whole sppn hasn't lost anything... You should be thankful the parks busy shows them people like going, that means we get big capital investments

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 08 May 2015, 02:13

Texas Twister wrote:Naw I don't need to do anything, that money that Canadas wonderland generated by the bring a friend thing probably will go to future park improvements. Also like kunpc1 said the majority were season pass holders so the whole sppn hasn't lost anything... You should be thankful the parks busy shows them people like going, that means we get big capital investments

That's quite odd to hear, as many people I had talked to in the lines were with a pass holder and did not own a season pass. I did happen to talk to a few pass holders but, not many. I also noticed many people had the $9.99 tickets at the entrance to get into the park when I had arrived at 5:30 pm. But, the nice weather did contribute to a huge turn out. But, as Kunpc1 says the majority of people who attended SPSPN were pass holders, then Texas Twister, how will the park make revenue from that event for future improvements or additions as most people technically got into the park for free? 8)

Return to “General Discussion”