New For 2015

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: New For 2015

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 16 Apr 2015, 16:05

Wonderland just posted the 2015 park map! Splash Station is indeed going in front of Typhoon and they both look really crowded in there. Slingshot is being called Slingshot and doesn't look too awkward on the map, Giants of Patagonia is returning (sadly, as The Lost World was much better), and we got that awkward grid style (Much prefer the numbers as they're easier to read, in my opinion). It doesn't seem like we're getting a new Splash Works entrance after all... At least SkyRider's empty land doesn't seem that awkward! I also like the look of WMG on the map (since last year it was just a logo on the map) and it seems like they may have added more of a plaza to the area! If so, that should help with crowd flow! Also, seems like Dairy Queen on International Street is sharing with an Orange Julius now!

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/image ... ap2015.jpg
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Apr 2015, 17:15

I don't really like the grid style of the map as I liked seeing numbers on certain buildings to indicate where food, shops, and shows are. Also, on the 2015 park map, I don't like how they have the large Coca-Cola Freestyle logos on the map as they cover certain sections of the park including rides, buildings, and paths. I agree with Ty-rant_13 about how the empty land where SkyRider use to be doesn't look awkward on the map. I also like how they added WMG in, which looks very nice and doesn't stand out. I also noticed some minor differences on this year's map compared to the 2014 park map.

1.There is one more car added to the train on Mighty Canadian Minebuster.
2.Even though there was always a bridge going over Lazy River along where Wipeout use to be, it is now drawn on the park map.

I did notice something referring to Canada's Wonderland's past as, there is now a food location called Expo Snacks which I believe it's making reference to Grande World Exposition of 1890 which was later renamed to it's current day name, Action Zone. The food location is located within the F-7 square on the park map.

Well, it's a pretty good map this year as it still has the park's details. But, I dislike the grids and the logos on the map as they make it cluttered in my opinion. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Apr 2015, 20:48

I just have a question regarding the logo near the front gate on the 2015 park map. Who's logo is the red one near the front gate. It's too pixelated to read. I know the green one near International Marketplace Buffet is the Steam Whistle Pilsner logo. I've just never seen (or recall seeing) the red logo before. I'm just curious as to who they are. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by RealisticTrain » 16 Apr 2015, 20:59

Johnlloyd wrote:I just have a question regarding the logo near the front gate on the 2015 park map. Who's logo is the red one near the front gate. It's too pixelated to read. I know the green one near International Marketplace Buffet is the Steam Whistle Pilsner logo. I've just never seen (or recall seeing) the red logo before. I'm just curious as to who they are. 8)
Mill St. Brewery.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Apr 2015, 21:30

RealisticTrain wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote:I just have a question regarding the logo near the front gate on the 2015 park map. Who's logo is the red one near the front gate. It's too pixelated to read. I know the green one near International Marketplace Buffet is the Steam Whistle Pilsner logo. I've just never seen (or recall seeing) the red logo before. I'm just curious as to who they are. 8)
Mill St. Brewery.
Okay thanks. It's interesting to see different beers within the park this year. I just used to be Labatt's since the park opened up until this year I believe. Maybe the odd one popping in and out at times. It doesn't matter to me though as I don't drink. 8)

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 16 Apr 2015, 21:54

As an FYI, the Orange Julius addition is a result of IDQ (Dairy Queen corporate) adding that brand to Dairy Queens across the country. You can expect to get the Smoothies and Original at that location.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

cheese
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by cheese » 16 Apr 2015, 22:10

I wonder if that Mill St. licensed patio will have seasonal selections or just the standard fare. I wouldn't mind a Lemon Tea Ale on a hot summer day... Hmm.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 16 Apr 2015, 22:14

Johnlloyd wrote:I did notice something referring to Canada's Wonderland's past as, there is now a food location called Expo Snacks which I believe it's making reference to Grande World Exposition of 1890 which was later renamed to it's current day name, Action Zone.
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. That's pretty cool! :yes: It's seems like they combined the "Hot Potato" and "Top Dog" buildings into one restaurant. Maybe the "Howie T's" that got replaced by Slingshot is joining them too! :shrug:

Oh, and the VIP Cabanas are also on the new map, alongside White Water Bay!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Apr 2015, 22:21

Ty-rant_13 wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote:I did notice something referring to Canada's Wonderland's past as, there is now a food location called Expo Snacks which I believe it's making reference to Grande World Exposition of 1890 which was later renamed to it's current day name, Action Zone.
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. That's pretty cool! :yes: It's seems like they combined the "Hot Potato" and "Top Dog" buildings into one restaurant. Maybe the "Howie T's" that got replaced by Slingshot is joining them too! :shrug:

Oh, and the VIP Cabanas are also on the new map, alongside White Water Bay!
Yeah, I noticed the VIP Cabanas as well. As for Howie T's, that was only new last year. I believe it was completely abolished this year. It does seem they combined Hot Potato and Top Dog into one venue. But, I do like the name, Expo Snacks. Maybe, Canada's Wonderland will be renaming Action Zone back to its original name, Grande World Exposition of 1890 for the 2016 season. 8)

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 16 Apr 2015, 23:12

It is interesting that CW is serving local craft beer.

I am teetotal by the way, but I find it interesting nonetheless, especially with the provincial government talking about beer (both major and craft) in grocery stores and craft beer in the Beer Store (of which there is one very much across Jane St. from CW).

ScaryFairy69
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by ScaryFairy69 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:07

Cheese..why is your picture of Matt? thats kinda weird...
ScaryFairy will haunt your soul

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Dom497 » 17 Apr 2015, 15:11

How is it weird??? If anything, your's is weird.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 17 Apr 2015, 15:35

Cheese..why is your picture of Matt? thats kinda weird...
How is it weird??? If anything, your's is weird.
Hey guys, let's not pick on each other's profile pictures. If you have any concerns about a user's profile picture, you should contact an Administrator to deal with the problem. Let's stay on topic as this is the New For 2015 topic, not "Let's Pick on Each Other's Profile Pictures" topic. 8)

maxudaskin
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by maxudaskin » 17 Apr 2015, 19:25

According to the map, they have changed the layout of ye wilde beaste.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 17 Apr 2015, 19:50

maxudaskin wrote:According to the map, they have changed the layout of ye wilde beaste.
There's a difference to Wild Beast on this year's park map compared to last year's map? I didn't notice, if there really is of course. I know they eliminated the checkered squares on the ground around Drop Tower on this year's map. 8)