Halloween Haunt 2015

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Clown_At_Midnight
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Halloween Haunt 2015

Postby Clown_At_Midnight » 27 Jul 2015, 17:32

It's that time of year again folks! 66 Days til' HH15

" on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from October 2nd through October 31st"

Speculation?

I think they'll ditch 3 houses, make 2 new and revamp one,

But other than that It'll probably be the same as last year... maybe?

sheldonmans14

Re: Halloween Haunt 2015

Postby sheldonmans14 » 27 Jul 2015, 22:59

My favourite time of the year! What houses do you guys think are on the chopping block? My guess is Club Bloodl. It just hasn't been the same since they moved locations.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 28 Jul 2015, 23:28

You guys want to get HAUNT MANIAC talking about HAUNT already? It's only July! Anyways, since you've brought it up. Don't chop Club Blood, expand it! How about moving it back to a larger area and let maybe 50 people in at a time so you can spend some time dancing and partying with the monsters. Maybe say 5-10 minutes per group. That would be great! I always want to dance in the club for a while but I always seem to be asked to keep moving along. I also think that group pictures should be available at all mazes. Perhaps they could have pay-one-price USB wristbands to load all your pictures on like at Darien Lake. Hey, they could have that during normal times too. That roaming skeleton band has to be there again this year or I won't be going . . . Ha! just kidding, I'm going no matter what! I have a lot more ideas for HAUNT this year, but I'm not ready to post them yet.
:tease:

sheldonmans14

Postby sheldonmans14 » 29 Jul 2015, 02:18

I'm not a fan of the photo booth. They just slow down the line. I understand that they aren't going anywhere because they probably make money.
Haunt is gone.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 29 Jul 2015, 16:44

Sheldon, you are always able to just walk around the photo booths if you choose to. No one makes you go through. It's not manditory, you definitly have the option to just walk around them. I have always gone through them as I always take a large group with me, and having a booth at every maze, would give you a different looking picture for each maze.

sheldonmans14

Postby sheldonmans14 » 29 Jul 2015, 19:00

^If that is the case they should better advertise that waiting for the photo is optional.
Haunt is gone.

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 29 Jul 2015, 20:31

Last year on the night of stabbing (aka the day that made me decide I will never go to Haunt again because it was such a disaster), Cornstalkers' line was a nightmare as no one even knew what the two photo booths were until they were actually in them. If people had known, I'm sure he line would of moved faster (minus all the line jumpers and laziness of the employees)

teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby teenagedirtbag » 29 Jul 2015, 20:58

Dom497 wrote:Last year on the night of stabbing (aka the day that made me decide I will never go to Haunt again because it was such a disaster), Cornstalkers' line was a nightmare as no one even knew what the two photo booths were until they were actually in them. If people had known, I'm sure he line would of moved faster (minus all the line jumpers and laziness of the employees)

Thats a pretty naive thing to say. There was a shooting during regular season in 2003. Does that mean you wont be going during regular season now too?
These things happen. you can't really avoid them.
Now I wasn't there when it happened so I can't comment on the state of the park when it happened but just because it did happen doesn't mean that it's going to happen again on the same night you go. there's a chance it will and probably happen but the chance of you being there again the same night is unlikely.
Plus avoid haunt closer to the end of the month cause thats usually when all the careless teens swarm to the park.

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 29 Jul 2015, 21:12

^I wasn't blaming the stabbing. I was just using that for reference as the night when the park was over crowded, employees did not care (let people line jump, let the lines go out of control, etc), several security related incidents (I did spot several YRP in the park before the stabbing, and YRP are never in the park unless they HAVE to be). The kicker is that someone in my group had a pocket flashlight on them and started acting as an employee and he by himself managed to get an entire maze lineup under control (actual employees were just staring clueless).

Never again Haunt.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2847&p=61787#p61787

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby canadaswonderlandguy » 31 Jul 2015, 16:36

After last years Halloween Haunt all I can say is that ALOT has to change. Some ideas I can bring up are...

-Shuttle bus to connect to Canada's Wonderland to the GO train stations in Vaughan
-expand hours (even though this has been requested for years) :doh:
-Extend the TTC subway up to Canada's Wonderland (even though it's up to TTC and if they did decide to do it the project could take years to complete)

Hopefully Halloween Haunt will be better this year however it will need to change VERY SOON.

ScaryFairy69
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby ScaryFairy69 » 01 Aug 2015, 13:41

Dom.. YRP is always in the park during haunt.. you may not think so, but its a FACT that they are always there. It sucks that you picked the busiest night of haunt to come and now are turned off by it because of a poor choice. Go earlier or not on a Saturday night and things will be different. The event seems to be growing so it only makes sense it'll get busier just be smart about the day you chose to go on that's all..
Last edited by ScaryFairy69 on 01 Aug 2015, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
ScaryFairy will haunt your soul

ScaryFairy69
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby ScaryFairy69 » 01 Aug 2015, 13:42

Dom497 wrote:^I wasn't blaming the stabbing. I was just using that for reference as the night when the park was over crowded, employees did not care (let people line jump, let the lines go out of control, etc), several security related incidents (I did spot several YRP in the park before the stabbing, and YRP are never in the park unless they HAVE to be). The kicker is that someone in my group had a pocket flashlight on them and started acting as an employee and he by himself managed to get an entire maze lineup under control (actual employees were just staring clueless).

Never again Haunt.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2847&p=61787#p61787

Dom.. YRP is always in the park during haunt.. you may not think so, but its a FACT that they are always there. It sucks that you picked the busiest night of haunt to come and now are turned off by it because of a poor choice. Go earlier or not on a Saturday night and things will be different. The event seems to be growing so it only makes sense it'll get busier just be smart about the day you chose to go on that's all..

Clown_At_Midnight
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Clown_At_Midnight » 06 Aug 2015, 16:33

They seriously need to take a step back and focus on the issue of moving the lines much faster, was waiting over an hour for a maze in an event that's only til' 12. The one-two punch mazes are one of the factors for this, eliminating the double mazes would slightly help, also the addition of one or two more mazes so people can have more variety, thus less lineups at one specific maze?

ScaryFairy69
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby ScaryFairy69 » 07 Aug 2015, 11:37

Clown_At_Midnight wrote:They seriously need to take a step back and focus on the issue of moving the lines much faster, was waiting over an hour for a maze in an event that's only til' 12. The one-two punch mazes are one of the factors for this, eliminating the double mazes would slightly help, also the addition of one or two more mazes so people can have more variety, thus less lineups at one specific maze?

What night did you go on?

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 07 Aug 2015, 19:03

There is a way to stay ahead of 'the crowds' which I am not going to disclose on this forum. I have never been to a night of HAUNT without seeing 8-9 of the 10 mazes, no matter how busy. Most times I have seen all mazes and sometimes I go in a couple twice, plus I usually see the theatre show as well. You can always see the majority of mazes, if you know how to do it.
:tease:

Return to “General Discussion”