Halloween Haunt 2016

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Halloween Haunt 2016

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 26 Jun 2016, 17:04

Johnny, you must know, they already have a kids Halloween event during the day. Ragebob, I have been suggesting, what you are thinking about, for about 10 years and truly, nothing much has changed. Every year, I talk about a 'ride-through' hotel maze using the old-fashioned cars. I have been to every Halloween Haunt, multiple times each year and even when it was FearFest. I must say, the last few years, I have really been quite bored going through the exact same mazes, with the exact same monsters, standing in the exact same spot, every year. They are even trying to save set-up costs by building permanent mazes like the ones in the mountain and Spirit Manor, which happen to be the best mazes now, but, In my opinion, the entire Halloween Haunt event needs a complete revamp.

:tease:

Ragebob
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ragebob » 26 Jun 2016, 21:13

HAUNT MANIAC wrote:I have been to every Halloween Haunt, multiple times each year and even when it was FearFest.
How was the the first and second FearFest I heard it was scaryer than Haloween Huant

Speaking of the first FearFest back when they had the shed near the carousel I used to avoid that area dose anyone have a picture of it in my mind I know there was a small tv showing footage from kings island FearFest

Oh and I like the FearFest logo better it's weird they copied the eyes from son of beast but at least the mountain was on the logo

Lest pray they revert to that logo
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 30 Jun 2016, 22:43

I just read the Wikipedia page for Canada's Wonderland Halloween Haunt, with various degrees of accuracy. Yes, for the first 2 years, there was Fearfest with Paramout Parks, however, and I'm going to check this, I do believe the Halloween Haunt name was implemented before Cedar Fair bought the park. So, to answer your question, Fearfest was much better than when Paramount changed it to Halloween Haunt, but when Cedar Fair bought the park, there was just no comparison. Wonderland instantly acquired 40 years of Haunt experience from Knott's Scary Farm. Just no comparison. They even had an 18+ show in the theatre, that was amazing! Unfortunately, too many kids under 13 are allowed to enter Haunt now, so I think that is why our Haunt has been toned down over the past few years, with stupid magic and bicycle shows now. So, to compare Fearfest to what Halloween Haunt has been like the past few years, Haunt is still better than Fearfest, however, the amount of monsters were greatly reduced last year. It seems like they are trying to save money and cut costs with permanent mazes and such. To me, it's starting to be like, same old, same old.

:tease:

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 03 Jul 2016, 15:40

So I went to the park for the first time on Thursday and noticed on the park map that Halloween Haunt will be open for 15 nights this year starting September 30. Not sure if that really adds anything to this discussion but I am really hoping for 7pm-1am hours this year (even though it probably won't happen). Also correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Halloween Haunt only open for 13 nights last October?

Regardless of what happens with Halloween Haunt this year, I am already getting excited for it. :D

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 03 Jul 2016, 17:34

You are correct Guy. It depends on where the weekends fall in October. If the first weekend in October starts in September, like this year, then we get an extra few days of Haunt. Last year, only weekends in October were used, hence, only 13 days, and no Haunt on Halloween this year. Wonderland's Haunt will never be extended to 1AM. Canadian curfews prevent that from happening, plus it takes a couple of hours to get the monsters ready before Haunt and about an hour after to get the monsters transformed back into humans. 2hrs preparation + 5hrs of Haunt + 1hr getting changed back into human clothes = 8hrs shift. They are trying to save money now, anything longer than that, and financially, it would no longer make sense.

:yes:

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 30 Jul 2016, 22:34

Halloween Haunt starts 2 months from today! Speaking of that has anyone here noticed anything getting ready that might be for Halloween Haunt this year?

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Dom497 » 02 Aug 2016, 21:34

It's official....construction has started in the Kingswood/Time Warp area!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Aug 2016, 17:35

Take a look at the retired attractions in the Wikipedia article for Halloween Haunt: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =732389870 (this is the current version)

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 03 Aug 2016, 18:11

Johnny Au wrote:Take a look at the retired attractions in the Wikipedia article for Halloween Haunt: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =732389870 (this is the current version)
That isn't the actual retired Halloween Haunt attractions as that is spam and the Wikipedia page has been vandalized. It is quite senseless when people do this. Luckily it can be easily reverted. 8)
Wikipedia spam edit.PNG
EDIT: I have since reverted it.
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

CoasterGeek64
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by CoasterGeek64 » 03 Aug 2016, 21:06

Johnlloyd wrote:That isn't the actual retired Halloween Haunt attractions as that is spam and the Wikipedia page has been vandalized. It is quite senseless when people do this. Luckily it can be easily reverted. 8)
Wikipedia spam edit.PNG
EDIT: I have since reverted it.
I find this strangely hilarious in all honesty :lol:
Jinkies!!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Aug 2016, 22:28

Thank you so much, Johnlloyd!

Clown_At_Midnight
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Clown_At_Midnight » 18 Aug 2016, 12:50

So is this year going to be like the last 2? No real change or new mazes? Maybe one new maze.. the hype just seems to go down on here each year :(

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 18 Aug 2016, 14:19

Clown_At_Midnight wrote:So is this year going to be like the last 2? No real change or new mazes? Maybe one new maze.. the hype just seems to go down on here each year :(
There might be a new maze and it would be called...

Jinkles!

You see, Jinkles is the most nightmarish monstrosity ever envisioned. Even Cthulhu is tame in comparison.

Ragebob
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ragebob » 20 Aug 2016, 17:37

Omg omg Huant site is up and my dream has come true (mostly) more scare zones !!!!!!!!!
Too bad clowns at midnight is never coming back but I'm looking forward to trick or treat Maybe the new club blood ,and a new show at wonderland theatre but not at international showplace? Then same old same old
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

BTwonderland
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by BTwonderland » 21 Aug 2016, 23:14

Haunt 2016

Mazes
-Streets of the Undead ~ Kingswood Theatre
-Cornstalkers ~ White Water Canyon + Skeleton Key Room
-The Ruins ~ Wonder Mountain
-Louisiana Scream ~ Wonder Mountain + Skeleton Key Room
-The Asylum ~ International Street
-Sci-Fi House ~ Medieval Faire
-Club Blood REVAMP ~ Courtyard
-Blood Shed ~ Courtyard
-Spirit Manor ~ Action Theatre

Scare Zones
-CARNEVIL ~ International Festival
-CRYOHAZARD (New) ~ Action Zone
-FRONT GATE
-GHOSTLY PINES ~ Action Zone
-THE PLAGUE (New) ~ Medieval Faire
-TRICK OR TREAT (New) ~ Expo

Shows
-Skeleton Crew ~ Coasters
-Mysterion The Mind Reader ~ Thrill Burger Patio in Medieval Faire
-Unannounced show ~ Wonderland Theatre

Experiences
-Zombies 4D
-Unannounced Haunt Experience

Skeleton Key Room Locations
-Louisiana Scream
-Cornstalkers
-Skyflyer
-Carnevil
-Expo

Overall a pretty good lineup. I am pretty positive most of the haunt money has gone towards new scare zones and new experiences (Skeleton Key rooms and shows.) What are your thoughts on this years mazes and attractions?