Halloween Haunt 2016

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Halloween Haunt 2016

Post by bratman » 03 Oct 2016, 23:42

I went opening night. Very quiet - did every maze twice and got some rides in on everything I wanted, except for Leviathan, as it was down all night, with one train disassembled behind the station.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

coolpixer
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by coolpixer » 04 Oct 2016, 01:22

bratman wrote:I went opening night. Very quiet - did every maze twice and got some rides in on everything I wanted, except for Leviathan, as it was down all night, with one train disassembled behind the station.
If the train was apart, perhaps it valleyed? No reason to take a train apart and leave it behind the station and then not run the ride....

Also did you see Riptide in pieces? Looks like some maintenance/overhaul is going on over there.

Ragebob
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ragebob » 08 Oct 2016, 07:29

Last night'a visit was a strange one when I got to the park there was no atmospheric music on international street
Then all the tv's were not showing anything and the sound was too low

I was disappointed with the name change for asylum
The worst maze was cornstarkers it felt like I was going through a line on leviathan

The best maze was sprit mannor I love the visual affects and scares

The scare zones were well place although there's still spots that really need one

Towards the end of my visit the music suddenly stops working again in international street
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by bratman » 09 Oct 2016, 23:53

coolpixer wrote:
bratman wrote:I went opening night. Very quiet - did every maze twice and got some rides in on everything I wanted, except for Leviathan, as it was down all night, with one train disassembled behind the station.
If the train was apart, perhaps it valleyed? No reason to take a train apart and leave it behind the station and then not run the ride....

Also did you see Riptide in pieces? Looks like some maintenance/overhaul is going on over there.
The consensus was that it valleyed. And yes, saw riptide in pieces. Management said they hoped to have it up by this weekend.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 10 Oct 2016, 20:24

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. It's nice to see the site at least partly up again. I'm taking my big group with me on October 23rd. I'll submit my TR shortly after. Does anyone know if you can buy a skeleton key without fright lane?

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 10 Oct 2016, 20:39

Correction, I now see the entire site is back up.

I just saw a HAUNT commercial that shows a girl inside a hospital environment. She gets up from a hospital bed, sees zombies on stretchers in the hallway and then she goes into an operating room with a zombie doctor doing surgery on someone.

Great commercial, but, is this supposed to be the hospital experience or is this going to be inside a maze?

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 11 Oct 2016, 12:58

Correction again. Now I can't even get to CWMania.com without going through Facebook first.
I have bookmarked the homepage. At least I can get in now.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 18 Oct 2016, 17:05

I'm VERY concerned that no one is talking about Haunt this year.
My group is going this Sunday. Cold and rainy. Should be able to go through the mazes a couple of times.
I'll post my TR next week.

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 18 Oct 2016, 21:53

Blame Jinkles.

On a more serious note, it would be interesting to see if there's any changes to the VR at TR during Halloween Haunt.

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 23 Oct 2016, 21:30

Went to Halloween Haunt a couple weeks ago an overall it was fantastic. The scare zones were amazing too! Personally I don't think we will be seeing the end of Haunt anytime soon! Especially considering some nights this year have been extremely crowded.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 01 Nov 2016, 17:51

This was the best HAUNT in years! The monsters have taken over CLUB BLOOD! I'll post my TR soon.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 16 Nov 2016, 17:08

Okay, so here is my HALLOWEEN HAUNT trip report for this year.

Amazing! The park looked beautiful this year and so much fog! Amazing!

So, as usual, my group was pretty big. I had 12 people with me this year and, as usual, we got the Mortal Meal. Now, some people want to know the advantage of the meal. First, you get an all-you-can-eat meal for $14 bucks, 2 early mazes, but more importantly, you get to start the mazes a half hour before the GP. The new Zombie Club Blood is great! Club Blood will never be the same again! The zombies have taken over. Spirit Manor is now my favourite maze. The details and scenery is amazing! That's what a million dollars can buy. Cornstalkers is still a close second although there was a great lack of monsters in that maze this year for some reason. A revamp for next year? The mountain mazes were extended. They now run right into each other! I miss the big maze at Kingswood, but we'll talk about that in a minute. The new Asylum, or Code Red was great too, but the name, Code Red means fire. I think it should be Code Blue which is for a heart attack. So, every maze is now permanent, which means zero set-up and I guess more profit. I'm thinking that is why they didn't set-up a maze at Kingswood this year. Now, I will be expecting a new permanent maze every year as Wonderland will have extra profit every year now. The money they saved this year probably went towards paying for more monsters. The Trick or Treat scare zone was amazing, but, I think you should be able to 'trick or treat' at the houses.

The show was more PG-ish again, which was GREAT! Pole dancer, Magic Mike-ish. The strong guy was also amazing.

Overall, a great HAUNT this year!

HAUNT . . . HAUNT . . . HAUNT!