Halloween Haunt 2016

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Halloween Haunt 2016

Postby canadaswonderlandguy » 17 Nov 2015, 17:23

Although Halloween Haunt 2015 was good most noticed that there needs to be some changes. Hopefully it is not too early to discuss next years Halloween Haunt.

There are some general things that need to be improved such as the length of how long the event runs for as 5 hours is obviously not long enough for some days (even though this has been requested for many years and would not be surprised if the hours were 7-midnight again). There also needs to be some more scare zones.

I also have some maze/attraction ideas as well

Doll Factory-Pretty obvious plot. Scary dolls.
This is The End: The Ride-Very unlikely that this will happen but Universal Studios did a maze based on the movie "This is The End" for their Horror Nights so why not do something similar on Wonder Mountain's Guardian. It was also a hilarious movie.
Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse-Could be a maze or ride at Halloween Haunt. Even though I thought it was a funny movie this is EXTREMELY not likely to happen due to the film's negative reviews and has not done too well at the box office.
The Execution/Hanging-I kinda miss this show. For those who do not know/remember this show it was a nightly execution in Arthur's Baye.

Any other ideas?

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Halloween Haunt 2016

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 20 Nov 2015, 20:26

You want ideas, guy, I'll give you ideas, although you just might be opening a kettle of fish bigger than Wonderland. I don't know what that means either.

So, if you didn't hear, HAUNT MANIAC has just been named Halloween Haunt Planner for 2016. The first thing I am going to do is incorporate the entire park into one big Scare Zone. The times for 2016 Haunt are going to be 7PM until 7AM, yep 12 hours of Haunt! 1000 monsters will be hired. 15 mazes. The theatre show will be more like the first Haunt show and will be 18+ only. There will be some crowd favourite mazes, like Club Blood, Cornstalkers, the return of Clowns at Midnight as well as some new mazes including 2 naked zombie mazes. Guests will have the option to join the zombies if they choose. There will be 5 mini scare zones, including the return of Toys, and Carnevil. A new 'drive through' maze will be built at the old fashioned cars, where guests will actually drive through a Haunted Hotel.

Those who make it through the night will be able to have Mortal breakfast.

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 22 Nov 2015, 12:36

Let's be realistic, Haunt does need to make some changes:

They need to new creative ideas for Mazes.
They need to limit the number of tickets they sell on any night. ( to make the night enjoyable for everyone.)
More shows
More scare zones
Why not come up with food and drink, and snack ideas.
Why not more picture oportunities throughout the park.
Last edited by sheldonmans14 on 25 Nov 2015, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal attacks to other user.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 25 Nov 2015, 04:49

Mdc, if you only knew who I am, you would not be so bold with your words. I worked at Wonderland before many of you were born. I am the most fun person you could ever know dude. We'll have to meet up at Wonderland some time so you can tell me to my face what your problem is with me. Until then, please PM me, and please stop bad-mouthing me or I will be forced to have a conversation with an administrator.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 25 Nov 2015, 18:51

:yes: Thank you, Sheldon.

mdc, in regards to your 'more pictures' idea, both picture booths were not working when my group went. How about photo booths that actually work.

sheldonmans14

Postby sheldonmans14 » 27 Nov 2015, 17:52

I personally hate the photo booths. In my experience, it always seem to hold up the line.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 28 Nov 2015, 22:05

Definitely not requesting more pictures booth(s) while going through a maze....But, Do a scare monster zone with fog effects and lighting, with CW staff on hand to take pictures. Why are CW photo takers only at the front entrance? Great idea to have your group taken with 4 monsters around your group.
As for the photo booths, They were working when I went through them on 2 different dates. Maybe you went on a night with nasty weather? Maybe they were not set up and ready to go yet?

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 29 Nov 2015, 07:09

My group went on the third weekend. Photo booths were set up, but they were having problems with both booths at Club Blood and Cornstalkers. Took my group picture for free near Flight Deck with a few roaming monsters. It looks better than the booth pictures.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 12 Jan 2016, 22:20

Happy Birthday to HAUNT MANIAC! :yes:

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 13 Jan 2016, 00:03

HAUNT MANIAC wrote:Happy Birthday to HAUNT MANIAC! :yes:

Happy Birthday to you! Have a thrilling day! 8)
New for 2017 at Canada's Wonderland: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby HAUNT MANIAC » 14 Apr 2016, 19:10

Can someone try to convince me to buy a skeleton key for this year's Haunt? Is it really worth it? Also, does anyone know how many of these keys were actually sold last year and also how many people bought the Haunt 'season' pass.

It would be nice to have a NEW show in the theatre this year, I haven't taken my group in there for a couple of years now, and NO stupid magic show either. I've said this before, the rated 14+ show is what they should bring back. I know a lot of kids go but, you are not supposed to be there if you are under 13 anyway.

Ragebob
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Ragebob » 23 Jun 2016, 17:33

if someone could edit this

i appreciate it here's my wish list for haunt

1. More Haunt Decorations In The Park
Did they go overboard on their pole monster I mean seriously pole monsters come on wonderland you can do better than that I want to see more décor around the park for example I would want Thunder Run to be more scary remember back then they made it more scarier by adding skeletons and dark music. Skeletons are okay but we need more than that. Why not add old set pieces and ride props we all know that wonderland has two graveyards , one splashworks and the other near wild beast. They are faded from years of being outside if treated probably add new paint we could see the return of the Ancient Egypt props. If they’d followed what kings island and cedar point has done. There’s too many empty spaces with just fog and lights witch dose not make it scary please add more props so wonderland is more intimidating

2.Improve International Street

I feel like we do have the best looking Graveyard in the cedar fair chain zombies, tombstones ,zombies, and blood and the haunt shed that’s great but I think they could better than that. Tombstones are great for showing a tribute to the parks past , now they don’t have to put every ride in stone ( cardboard) but they should have a small tribute to Skyrider I was disappointed that there’s no mention of it in the graveyard IT WAS THE FIRST ROLLERCOASTER THAT WONDERLAND HAD REMOVED. ACE EVEN HAD A SMALL PLAQUE IN THE STATION WHEN IT WAS HERE. This may be a joke but put the names of past PR’ s since they keep getting new ones
Has anyone been tired of having random skeletons on top of buildings? I want something else on the building it’s getting too old
I like to see is a starlight spectacular Haunt Edition. I know they never changed it in years but heck I would like to see the fountain dance to Halloween themes and some metal and maybe some Trans-Siberian Orchestra ( Beethoven’s Last Night) that would be cool
And finally our own undertaker just look at kings island and man I can’t explain how awesome he is go look on youtube you’ll see what I mean

2. Partially Open up Kidsville & Planet Snoopy
This could help out with crowd issues they don’t have to open all ride but a few may work flying eagles, boo blasters on boo hill, and Jockey’s Jalopies. Why jockey’s Jalopies, one answer ride through haunt maze. Area’s that they don’t want guests to see could be covered with sheets. The area can also be a scare zone and like kings island the carousel can be on all night

And the biggest thing I want

3.Wonderland Open Till Midnight or Earlier
I think this a great idea have wonderland open during the transition period from regular to haunt pay one price for day haunt actives and as well as night they can also have a show between day and night and season pass holders may pay a little extra to get in
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 24 Jun 2016, 02:33

With Kidzville and Planet Snoopy partially opened up, it would be a great way to have younger children enjoy the frights of Halloween Haunt.

It could be called "Planet Spooky" and feature Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

BTwonderland
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby BTwonderland » 24 Jun 2016, 04:25

Haunt will be here before we know it and I can't wait!

Things I would like to see for 2016 include, the retirement of Club Blood, do I really have to explain why! Improved scare zones, maybe have performers all around the park (especially action zone). I also think they could do a Zombie scare zone around the Zombies 4D ride which I think would really be cool. I would also like to see the Fright Lane improved with new experiences in the mazes and unlimited access to the mazes!

Side note: I visited the park last Thursday and noticed there was a small Construction trailer outside the backstage entrance into the mountain and didn't really think much more of it. Then I visited again this past Tuesday and noticed more movement around the area with a loud piece of machinery going off most of the day. On both occasions I was near the 'True North Gifts' where there is a gate just behind it. At first I didn't really think about what they could be doing, but as I think about it (and hope) they could be installing a new maze for Haunt inside. (Hoping they get rid of Louisiana Scream.)

It will be only a matter of time before we find out all the details for Haunt 2016

Ragebob
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Ragebob » 24 Jun 2016, 04:33

Johnny Au wrote:With Kidzville and Planet Snoopy partially opened up, it would be a great way to have younger children enjoy the frights of Halloween Haunt.

It could be called "Planet Spooky" and feature Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

Now if this dose happend hopefully people won't be stupid enough to stay once the area becomes scary
Honestly if that dose not happend I just want to ride Flying Eagles during Huant
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

Return to “General Discussion”