New For 2016 (Excluding Skyhawk, Flying Eagles, and Events)

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: New For 2016 (Excluding Skyhawk, Flying Eagles, and Even

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 06 Apr 2016, 14:38

I was looking at the dining plan page: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

Anyone ever heard of "Muskoka Craft Burger & Beer Bar" in International Festival? ;)

Great to see a Canadian-themed restaurant (other than outside vendors like Beavertails and Tim Hortons). I wonder if they'll actually have Muskoka chairs! It's odd that the place isn't listed under "All Dining Locations," but I guess they just haven't updated that page yet. I wonder what other surprises will come to light when the 2016 park map is uploaded... At the very least, we'll discover the new name for The Candy Factory and find out where this "Muskoka Craft Burger & Beer Bar" is going to be.

Apparently this place sells "signature burgers" and you can get them as an up-charge to the dining plan! I don't remember that idea being part of the dining plan last year, but a number of dining spots are doing it this year and it's brilliant! Even if you get the season long dining plan, you can splurge to get something different without feeling like you're wasting your dining plan! :yes:
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 06 Apr 2016, 23:40

^^^ I'm looking forward to it as long as they don't put up a sign saying anything along the lines of 'enjoy a taste of the Muskokas', cuz that'll drive me bonkers...

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 07 Apr 2016, 04:54

It should serve poutine as well, despite not being associated with Muskoka or the Kawarthas.

Coasterdude44
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Coasterdude44 » 17 Apr 2016, 17:20

Does anyone know when the 2016 park map is coming out, I wanna see if skyhawk is going to be very tall like what they did with windseeker.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 18 Apr 2016, 13:01

Coasterdude44 wrote:Does anyone know when the 2016 park map is coming out, I wanna see if skyhawk is going to be very tall like what they did with windseeker.

Yeah, I've been checking every morning. If it's not uploaded by Sunday, I'll let you know. I'm going to the park then for Scotiabank day! :yes:
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 18 Apr 2016, 15:01

Any idea when season pass preview night will be?
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 18 Apr 2016, 16:46

^April 29

ShadowEater1329
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby ShadowEater1329 » 19 Apr 2016, 11:06

droptowerfan wrote:Any idea when season pass preview night will be?

I am pretty certain that is on April 29th.

Here's the link: https://www.canadaswonderland.com/what- ... view-night :D

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 20 Apr 2016, 19:02

2016 Park map was uploaded to the site! In addition to SkyHawk and Flying Eagles fitting nicely on the map (neither being to overbearing), it looks like quite a bit of "NEW" this year!

The Candy Factory's new name is "Maple Park Treehouse"
Flavourator is now "Sugar Shack" (A stage in the maple syrup process, for those unfamiliar with the term)
Chopper Chase is now "Treetop Adventure" (I owe Haunt Maniac an apology! They really are renaming it!)

Great to see a more Canadian theme for the kids! Although it's still labelled as KidZville this year, it seems like a re-theme of the entire area may come sooner rather than later! Perhaps Maple Park?

Also, it seems like they've got more Coca-Cola refill stations around the park this year, which is definitely good news! More places for me to get free refills on Lemonade! :happy:

Many new restaurants and stores as well as some receiving new names:
"I-Street Eatery Wings, Fries & Dogs" (Formerly Wonder Wings)
"Canada's Wonderland Store" (Formerly Thrills are Wonderland)
"True North Gifts" (Appears to have replaced the Emporium shop)
"International Beavertails"
"Maple Wine & Beer Bar"
"Bistro 81" (Undoubtedly named after the year Wonderland opened)
"The Craft Chippery" (Formerly The Chippery)
"Muskoka Craft Burger and Beer"
"Tim Horton's Express" in KidZville (It seems to have taken the Beavertails old spot)
"KidZ Carts"
"Snow Cones and Mac & Cheese" (Formerly simply Snow Cones)
"The Cheesery"
"Expo Snacks" (By WindSeeker & Slingshot) is now serving Pizza Pizza
And "Mountainside Bakery & Cafe" is the new name of the Cookie Cafe (Now offering Maple taffy and WPS Starbucks!)

Man, when they said they were going to enhance the identity of the park, I had no idea it would stretch this far this quickly! What a stellar line up of new offerings, many of which are Canadian themed, but still others are simply Wonderland themed! (Such as "Bistro 81" and "Mountainside Bakery and Cafe") I will definitely be enjoying some maple taffy alongside the new funnelwiches!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 21 Apr 2016, 00:07

It is great that Cedar Fair is acknowledging the Canadiana theme of Wonderland. Next year, Kidzville may end up becoming called Maple Park as a nod to the original plans for Wonderland having a Canadiana section roughly in the same area.

It would be interesting if there are more stalls that sell poutine instead of going to the Hero Certified Burgers across Jane Street (and again, the poutine at Hero Certified Burgers is much cheaper).

Ragebob
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ragebob » 23 Apr 2016, 21:18

I've just renewed my season pass and added Fun Pix and a all season cup and there's no bar code dose anyone know how to redeem it
Leviathan 2013 :20 2014 :35 2015:32 2016 :44 Total :131
Behemoth 2013:4 2014 :32 2015:26 2016 :24 Total :84

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 25 Apr 2016, 16:43

I took some photos of the new signage around KidZville. I think some of it is temporary as Maple Park Treehouse (and I think Treetop Adventure) had a simple banner with its name on it rather than a full sign. I'm not a fan of the art style on the rest of Maple Park Treehouse, but I still love that they seem to be moving away from the KidZville theme! Sugar Shack looks great, riding around in silver buckets of sap with the old flavour pump repainted to match! Since part of the patio by the Pizza Pizza there had to be removed, to make room for Flying Eagles, they built into the forest a little to make a new shaded patio, and it fits very well! Even some of the games got new names and signs, most notably "Lucky Ducks" is now "Loony Loons!" I'll be trying out Robinson Crusoe next time I visit as the weather was much too nice to sit inside yesterday. :P

While walking toward Skyhwak from International Street, I loved the sight of the new Mountainside Bakery and Cafe! It's absolutely adorable, and looks absolutely Canadian! It's a tiny cabin, complete with a stone-look chimney, stone-look based wood-supported green-tin awnings, and log-like siding! Essentially, it feels like it's been ripped out of the pages of a storybook! They've got cake pops, maple taffy, and all kinds of other delectable deserts to choose from and, unfortunately for my scale, it may just be my new favourite eatery in the park!

Just down the path from Skyhawk, the old Expo Snakcs buildings are now one larger building! You can get your fries, hot dogs, and now pizza all at once instead of waiting in multiple lines! From what I could tell, Bistro 81 appears to just be a large stand in front of Flight Deck, as I couldn't find anything else that could be it in that area. As I noticed on the map, the Action Theatre designated smoking area has been moved to in front of Kingswood's West entrance (I've never seen those gates open anyway).

Last but not least, I found a fence with a sign in the park, but not where you'd think... "Please Excuse Our Appearance As We Prepare For Your Future Enjoyment!"

Album uploaded! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1763116660641670&set=a.1763116643975005.1073741831.100008300589666&type=3&theater
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Thomas
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby Thomas » 25 Apr 2016, 23:16

I didn't get any photos, but they've started repainting Vortex. It looks like it's about 25% complete. The new coating looks nice and fresh!

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 26 Apr 2016, 06:58

Ty-rant_13 wrote:Last but not least, I found a fence with a sign in the park, but not where you'd think... "Please Excuse Our Appearance As We Prepare For Your Future Enjoyment!"

Where is that sign located. It's hard to tell in the picture

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 26 Apr 2016, 12:04

miller240 wrote:
Ty-rant_13 wrote:Last but not least, I found a fence with a sign in the park, but not where you'd think... "Please Excuse Our Appearance As We Prepare For Your Future Enjoyment!"

Where is that sign located. It's hard to tell in the picture

It's on the right (North) side of Backlot Cafe, blocking people from going to the patio on that side. It's probably just a patio overhaul, but there was no work going on back there at all from what I could tell, and it seems unusual they have that sign there and a proper fence. Something to keep an eye on, but nothing immediately telling.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Return to “General Discussion”