New For 2016 (Excluding Skyhawk, Flying Eagles, and Events)

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

New For 2016 (Excluding Skyhawk, Flying Eagles, and Events)

Postby Johnlloyd » 15 Mar 2016, 13:58

According to Dave Phillips' latest Twitter post, The Candy Factory will be receiving a new name, look, and structure. I wonder if that means the rest of Kidzville will get a re-theme or continue to look the same? 8)

Photo Credit: Dave Phillips' via Twitter
New for 2017 at Canada's Wonderland: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: New For 2016 (Excluding Skyhawk, Flying Eagles, and Even

Postby Johnlloyd » 16 Mar 2016, 20:49

I found a little bit of information while looking at the Opening Day Specials page on Canada's Wonderland's website. A new game by the name of Ye Soccer Tournament will be coming to Medieval Faire this year. Does anyone have any ideas where it will be located within Medieval Faire and what game it could have possibly replaced?

I also had found something else that was new while looking at the same page which is a new funnel cake creation called the Funnelwich. It's just like the park's famous cookiewich except made using funnel cakes! It will only be available at the Medieval Faire Funnel Cake Shop located next door to The Fun Shoppe. 8)

The Funnelwich:

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 17 Mar 2016, 00:15

Will Ye Soccer Tournament be like historical football matches: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_football

Oh, and Ye Soccer Tournament should be called Ye Olde Footeballe Tournamente (but again, many guests use the term "football" to refer strictly to the gridiron variety rather than the beautiful game).

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 17 Mar 2016, 12:26

As a big fan of the cookiewiches and funnel cakes, I'm really looking forward to funnelwiches...

teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby teenagedirtbag » 17 Mar 2016, 15:15

MMMM that Funnelwich looks delish! Can't wait for the season to begin!

CoasterGeek64
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby CoasterGeek64 » 17 Mar 2016, 17:14

Johnlloyd wrote:The Funnelwich:

Photo Credit: Canada's Wonderland

Holy clogged arteries Batman! :faint:

Okay, I seriously need to try that when I go to CW this year.
Jinkies!!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 18 Mar 2016, 00:23

That would be bad for both my health and my wallet.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 18 Mar 2016, 14:45

Johnlloyd wrote:According to Dave Phillips' latest Twitter post, The Candy Factory will be receiving a new name, look, and structure. I wonder if that means the rest of Kidzville will get a re-theme or continue to look the same? 8)

So happy about this! I'm so curious about what the new name will be! It'll look good right across from Flying Eagles! Maybe it is the beginning of a gradual (multi-year) switch to a different theme/name for KidZville? I think we would have heard more by now if it was a major change to the whole area for this year. Flavourator will seem awfully out of place without a similar change, though. :P

By the way, by new structures, he does just mean the facades, right? I don't want them to rebuild the whole thing in a more "modern" way, because playgrounds nowadays are pretty lame/tame.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 18 Mar 2016, 17:35

Bring back the water trampolines!

Alternatively, they could be brought back, but with the water replaced with inedible yet non-toxic "jello."

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 18 Mar 2016, 18:27

Ty-rant_13 wrote:
Johnlloyd wrote:According to Dave Phillips' latest Twitter post, The Candy Factory will be receiving a new name, look, and structure. I wonder if that means the rest of Kidzville will get a re-theme or continue to look the same? 8)

So happy about this! I'm so curious about what the new name will be! It'll look good right across from Flying Eagles! Maybe it is the beginning of a gradual (multi-year) switch to a different theme/name for KidZville? I think we would have heard more by now if it was a major change to the whole area for this year. Flavourator will seem awfully out of place without a similar change, though. :P

By the way, by new structures, he does just mean the facades, right? I don't want them to rebuild the whole thing in a more "modern" way, because playgrounds nowadays are pretty lame/tame.

Well, when the park released this photo on Twitter, you can see that Chopper Chase has been repainted with bright blue supports and grey track. It may be leading to a re-theme of Kidzville or they're just giving Kidzville a fresh new look. We'll have to wait and see! 8)

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 22 Mar 2016, 19:09

According to Canada's Wonderland's recent Twitter post, there will be free WiFi in the park this season. What are your thoughts on this? 8)

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 23 Mar 2016, 03:37

In order to allow for paths around the entire ride, Chopper Chase had to be modified. Seven new footers were poured, supports moved over & 40 meters of track manufactured to shift the track over. It will be a great view from both Flying Eagles and Chopper Chase as they whiz by each other.
Very interesting to see that altered/extended path for Chopper Chase! I thought it was a tight fit to get Flying Eagles in there, and now I know it really is! I've never heard of anything like that being done before, though. Great to hear Wonderland has that dedication to fitting new attractions into existing spaces! It should be fun to get those Eagles up and out toward those helicopters!

By the way, am I correct in interpreting that Chopper Chase's track will remain red and we were just seeing the new sections of track yet to be painted to match?
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 02 Apr 2016, 00:19

There will be a new film in Action Theatre this year! It will be Robinson Crusoe 3D. This film will feature an accident prone Robinson Crusoe who is trying to adapt to his new life as a castaway. Admission to view the film will be $1.00 (plus tax) for season pass holders and $2.00 (plus tax) for other park visitors. For more details, watch the trailer below or click here. 8)

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 02 Apr 2016, 03:13

Johnlloyd wrote:There will be a new film in Action Theatre this year! It will be Robinson Crusoe 3D. This film will feature an accident prone Robinson Crusoe who is trying to adapt to his new life as a castaway.
Thank goodness they don't have that dinosaur documentary again! This should at least be mildly entertaining for kids!

Also new this year: PEANUTS Party in the Plaza
"The PEANUTS gang is throwing a party and you are invited! Be sure to grab your camera and meet the entire gang immediately following the party."
5pm daily, June 25th - Labour Day in Planet Snoopy

That's not much of a description of what to expect, but at least there's a guaranteed time to see the peanuts characters, by the sounds of it!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 02 Apr 2016, 03:54

Good thing Robinson Crusoe is in the public domain.

I am curious to know if it retained religious references in the 3D adaptation and if Friday practised cannibalism.

Return to “General Discussion”