CW Mobile App

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
kunpc1

CW Mobile App

Post by kunpc1 » 22 Apr 2016, 14:37

[imgresize 500x250]https://www.canadaswonderland.com/image ... header.jpg[/imgresize]

Canada's Wonderland has launched their all-new app! Take advantage of free, park-wide wifi this season. It's available for iOS via the the App Store & Android via Google play.
ALL-NEW CW MOBILE APP
With new features including Ride Wait Times and a Live Interactive Map, the all-new Canada's Wonderland Mobile App is sure to make your #CWBestDay even better!

Available for your Apple or Android mobile device, the all-new Mobile App includes everything you need to plan and enjoy a spectacular day at the Park!

Get Wait Times on your Favourite Rides
Enjoy Special Offers & Discounts Inside the Park
Easy-to-use Interactive Map
Carry your Season Pass on your Mobile Phone
Updates on Special Events & Promotions
Find your Favourite Rides, Shows, and Restaurants
Buy Tickets & Season Passes Quickly & Easily
Use Car Finder to Mark Your Parking Spot & Let the App Remember for You
So, what are you waiting for? Don't miss a minute more of the fun.
Download the mobile app today!
Check out all the details here:
https://www.canadaswonderland.com/onlin ... mobile-app
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: CW Mobile App

Post by Johnny Au » 22 Apr 2016, 15:04

I am curious to know if it has third-party advertising or not. If it has only Wonderland ads, then it is good. It would be better if it is ad-free, especially given that Wonderland admission probably pays for the app's operating costs.

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Dom497 » 23 Apr 2016, 08:31

The new mobile app has been released as an update to the old version of the app and I gotta say....I am very impressed! I just don't understand how ride wait times are goon to be calculated

RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by RealisticTrain » 23 Apr 2016, 09:45

I would expect ride crews will report how long their line is to the office, and the office will simple update it every hour or so.

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 23 Apr 2016, 14:17

They can do what Disney does. Give an electronic card (or a card with the time on it) to the guest. Once the guest arrives at the station, they give it to the ride attendant.
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 23 Apr 2016, 16:21

Looks like those without autism would get the same benefits as those with autism.

I never knew that as many as 50% of children have autism, albeit not diagnosed as such.

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 24 Apr 2016, 06:22

The individual ride crews do report the wait times to the office. There someone updates the wait times. The wait times were not displaying in the app today but hopefully will come opening day. The interactive map works fairly well though. It's very accurate and provides good directions for getting around the park.

We also found we were able to easily connect to the free wifi and that it was fairly strong/consistent whenever we checked signal strength.
-Walt Disney

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 24 Apr 2016, 08:17

Do you have to be in the park to see the wait times in the app???

THEMANJMK
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by THEMANJMK » 24 Apr 2016, 12:08

Do you need the app to get the free wifi?
Leviathan 2017 - 38
2012 - 59 2013 - 48 2014 - 44 2015 - 262016 - 20
Total - 235

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 24 Apr 2016, 21:27

You can connect to the park's wifi with any device. No app required. The app worked when I was on my data as well as it did when connected to the park's wifi. I can't comment on the wait times as that feature did not appear to be working/displayed at all yesterday.
-Walt Disney

Thomas
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Thomas » 24 Apr 2016, 22:02

The app is quite nice actually! Very simple and full of information I was there today and the wait times weren't posted either. The wifi is a great addition to the park. I had connection throughout the park but found it quite slow, so I just used my data. As I was trying to connect to their app, this popped up.

Looks like I teleported to King's Island ;)

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 02 May 2016, 12:24

I grabbed some screenshots of the app to share with everyone. The functionality is greatly improved over previous versions. You can see what's happening around the park including special events & showtimes. The interactive map shows your location and will actually provide directions to get to specific rides around the park. You can purchase tickets & FastLane right from the app. And of course, some rides have wait times available. I believe it's currently around a dozen rides but they're looking to expand on that as the season continues.
IMG_5529.PNG
Main Menu
IMG_5533.PNG
Secondary Menu
IMG_5530.PNG
Offers & Notifications
IMG_5528.PNG
Ride Selection (sorted by type along the top menu bar)
IMG_5532.PNG
Directions From Front Gate to Vortex
IMG_5534.PNG
Select a Ride from the Map for More Details
IMG_5535.PNG
Or View the Ride List for All Rides & Wait Times
-Walt Disney

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 02 May 2016, 15:03

I used my Microsoft tablet at Disney to book ride times and it was awesome! Does anyone think that tablets will be able to get the app or just phones.

Just answered my own question . . . you need a Google account to get the app. No thank you, I've been going to Wonderland for 35 years, I don't need to sign up to Google to get a map, and I don't need Google knowing what rides I go on.

The Disney system was much more useful and you don't need to download an app, it was Disney's own system.

:tease:

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 May 2016, 13:47

HAUNT MANIAC wrote:I used my Microsoft tablet at Disney to book ride times and it was awesome! Does anyone think that tablets will be able to get the app or just phones.

Just answered my own question . . . you need a Google account to get the app. No thank you, I've been going to Wonderland for 35 years, I don't need to sign up to Google to get a map, and I don't need Google knowing what rides I go on.

The Disney system was much more useful and you don't need to download an app, it was Disney's own system.

:tease:
Likewise, from December 2015 to January 2016, TTC riders had to sign on to Twitter in order to use Wi-Fi in the subway. I don't use Twitter and have no interest in using it. I can wait for news and prefer in-depth news over breaking news.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 06 May 2016, 19:53

Stupid, in my opinion, Johnny. Everything on it, you can see on the paper version of the park map. Pick up a copy at the front gate, then you won't have to sign up with Google.