Muskoka Plunge and Soaring Timbers

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Coasterdude44
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Muskoka Plunge and Soaring Timbers

Postby Coasterdude44 » 07 Jan 2017, 16:20

It's been a while since we've heard anything about The two new attractions, and was wondering if they have started any construction yet on both rides?

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Muskoka Plunge and Soaring Timbers

Postby bratman » 07 Jan 2017, 21:41

I really doubt it. You likely won't see anything started on until perhaps March.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 498 (steel 390, wood 108)

aapg
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby aapg » 13 Mar 2017, 01:16

Soaring Timbers is having the foundation and some minor landscaping done now. Ride parts arrive from Europe beginning of April, which is when the ride erection will begin. If everything goes to plan they will have the ride testing by mid-april, with landscaping done before the 21st of April. Muskoka plunge is having foundation work done now, with supports going up this week. Not sure about the rest of the timeline for muskoka plunge

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Ty-rant_13 » 28 Mar 2017, 04:05

More details have been released on the official site regarding the new attractions. Soaring Timbers officially has a height requirement of 54" and Muskoka Plunge will have a minimum height of 48" (not that either of those is surprising).

Muskoka Plunge is not being manufactured by ProSlide as previously listed on Wonderland's Wikipedia page, but rather a company by the name of SplashTacular (oddly enough, an American company). They are using a slightly different drop box technology called the "DrenalineDrop" which will be the first of its kind in Canada! This technology apparently allows either all four drop pods to dispatch at once, or one at a time in a "roulette" fashion, meaning you won't know when you're going to drop! I just got a lot more excited and scared about this new addition! :D
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 18 Apr 2017, 13:38

Canada's Wonderland's General Manager, Norm Pirtovshek has announced on Twitter that Muskoka Plunge is starting to take shape. Below, is a photo of Muskoka Plunge under construction. 8)

Photo credit: Norm Pirtovshek via Twitter
New for 2017 at Canada's Wonderland: Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 24 Apr 2017, 13:06

Over the weekend, Canada's Wonderland released some photos of Soaring Timbers and Muskoka Plunge under construction. Soaring Timbers appears to have some beautiful landscaping, including a water fall feature located in front of the ride! 8)

Soaring Timbers:
Photo credit: Canada's Wonderland via Twitter

Muskoka Plunge:

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 30 Apr 2017, 03:12

Last night I had attended Season Pass Sneak Preview Night. Soaring Timbers looked amazing even though it isn't open yet! Last night, I also observed that a few short slide sections were up on Muskoka Plunge, although I didn't get any photos of it. Below are a couple of photos of Soaring Timbers that I had captured last night. Be sure to stay tuned for more photos of Season Pass Sneak Preview Night! 8)

Soaring Timbers at Canada's Wonderland- April 28th, 2017.png
Photo credit: John Brooks

Soaring Timbers at Canada's Wonderland (Ride)- April 28th, 2017.png
Photo credit: John Brooks

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 07 May 2017, 06:32

Saw Soaring Timbers testing on Saturday the 6th... Looks fun, happy to see the space bring used well finally... And i say that as a guy who loves mini putt...

And really like the look of the sign/fence/waterfall...

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 09 May 2017, 12:36

Canada's Wonderland's Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Dave Phillips has announced via Twitter that Soaring Timbers will be opening to the public this Thursday. 8)

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 09 May 2017, 14:30

Woot!!! Can't make it for Thursday, but hoping to find time this weekend to squeeze it in...

lumist
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby lumist » 14 May 2017, 02:23

I just got to ride Soaring Timbers today... Me and my friends rode it a couple times. Though the gondolas feel a little crammed with almost no arm room (we couldn't fasten/unfasten our seat belts when asked, cause we suffered from T-Rex arms, lol), it was a fun ride. It kind of felt like the love child of Riptide and Shockwave... What's not to like about that?! :-)

What do you think of Soaring Timbers?

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Honorarius » 14 May 2017, 11:53

I second the no arm room... In our row, they couldn't reach past the person in the outside seat to buckle them person in the middle, and the person in the middle couldn't reach the buckle to buckle themselves... They had to open the seats and get the two people to switch... I found the restraint itself fine, but the women who lives in my house who is not related to me by marriage advised that anyone who is a bit large in the chest area may find the ride very uncomfortable...

The ride looks great, and I like the colour scheme and lighting... I really like the waterfall and the look of the sign and fencing around the ride, whoever did that did a top notch job...

I'm hoping the ride cycle was a bit short yesterday because they were trying to get as many people through as possible...

All in all, I'll ride it if there's little to no line, or if I'm riding with someone who's never tried it and really wants to give it a go... But personally if it's got the same line as Shockwave, I'm going to choose Shockwave every time...

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 16 May 2017, 02:42

Below are some photos and of Soaring Timbers which I had captured today during my third visit of the season. Also, I had captured some photos of Muskoka Plunge under construction.

I had rode Soaring Timbers three times today and found it to be a fun ride. But, due to it's long loading time and short ride cycle, it wasn't nearly intense as I had hoped it would be. During my first ride of the day once it had opened, the gondola my brother and I were in had dived towards the ground upside down before the ride ended. That was the best experience I've had on it so far as my other two rides, I had experienced only rocking and swinging. But, Soaring Timbers sure does have some beautiful landscaping despite it's short ride cycle, long loading times, and it's tight squeeze! The photos of Muskoka Plunge under construction are on the following post! 8)

Soaring Timbers:

Soaring Timbers at Canada's Wonderland- May 15th, 2017 1.png
Soaring Timbers before the passengers had loaded.

Soaring Timbers at Canada's Wonderland- May 15th, 2017 2.png
The passengers loading on Soaring Timbers!

Soaring Timbers at Canada's Wonderland- May 15th, 2017 3.png
Ready for take off!

Off-Ride Video of Soaring Timbers:

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 16 May 2017, 02:48

Here are the photos of Muskoka Plunge under construction! 8)

Muskoka Plunge:

Muskoka Plunge at Canada's Wonderland- May 15th, 2017 1.png
Muskoka Plunge sure has taken shape since my last visit on May 5th!

Muskoka Plunge at Canada's Wonderland- May 15th, 2017 3.png
A close up view of Muskoka Plunge under construction.

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby StEC » 18 May 2017, 23:27

OMG why is Soaring Timbers ride cycle so incredibly short? Very disappointing...
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

Return to “General Discussion”