Thoughts on 2018?

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Thoughts on 2018?

Postby Futurerobotblox » 23 Jul 2017, 22:32

Cedar Fair announced there were four new coasters coming to their parks in 2018. We already know their putting in RMC hurler and mean streak, and the other two coasters are ''working with someone they haven't in recent history'' and a ''completely new type of coaster''.

Unfortunately, I doubt this is the year for a new coaster at CW, but it is still a possibility. As much as I hate to say this, I think 2018 will likely be something along the lines of a planet snoopy expansion or another flat ride. What is everyone else's opinion? :D
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Mykidisorange
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Thoughts on 2018?

Postby Mykidisorange » 30 Nov 2017, 05:55

Wasn't it right after the announcement for 2018, Dave Phillips put out a tweet that said,
"Should I start teasing for 2019 right now?
-Didn't Matt Ouimet recently say something along the lines of Wonderland will be getting something "Special".

The rumor mill is going to be great in 2018.
-What about the hotel?
-That dirt pile between Minebuster and Behemoth seems a little bigger
-The empty spot where Skyrider used to be is now a year older
-Winterfest?

So, even though CW isn't getting a "Big" new ride next year, It will still be lots of fun!

Futurerobotblox
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Re: Thoughts on 2018?

Postby Futurerobotblox » 30 Nov 2017, 22:12

Mykidisorange wrote:Wasn't it right after the announcement for 2018, Dave Phillips put out a tweet that said,
"Should I start teasing for 2019 right now?
-Didn't Matt Ouimet recently say something along the lines of Wonderland will be getting something "Special".

The rumor mill is going to be great in 2018.
-What about the hotel?
-That dirt pile between Minebuster and Behemoth seems a little bigger
-The empty spot where Skyrider used to be is now a year older
-Winterfest?

So, even though CW isn't getting a "Big" new ride next year, It will still be lots of fun!

I posted prior to the ride announcement and it turned out I was right. Thankfully all signs are showing a huge year in 2019, with a new coaster and possibly a hotel expansion. There's already been stakes put in the ground on the Skyrider plot. I just can't wait for some new life to be breathed into this site! :lol: :lol:
Waiting for the next coaster... Ziz or not

Return to “General Discussion”