Halloween Haunt 2018

This is a general discussion forum for most topics related to Canada's Wonderland, located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Clown_At_Midnight
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Halloween Haunt 2018

Post by Clown_At_Midnight » 02 Jan 2018, 11:20

Yes, it's early. Predictions? Hopes for HH18?
This will be my 10th year in a row going to Halloween Haunt. And absolutely my last if it's anything like last year,

Prediction: Same as last year, maybe a new maze. too busy, Not open late enough.

Hopes? Open til 1am, actually have it open the Friday, Saturday and Sunday rather than just the Saturday the first weekend so it's not overcrowded and lined up so far back that you're having to choose spending half the night in one lineup or skipping half the mazes.

Spend more money on Haunt, more new mazes. More scareactors, it'll never happen, but it's something to hope for.

HAUNT MANIAC
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Halloween Haunt 2018

Post by HAUNT MANIAC » 15 Jan 2018, 22:41

Unfortunately Clowns, I really think this is going to be status quo for sometime. Let's go down the list, and this has been happening the last few years. Over the past 5 years, more and more mazes have become permanent, with the final 'set-up' maze being removed last year, that being the maze in Kingswood. Clowns at Midnight will never be set-up in the bumper cars again. Nothing will ever be set-up in Kingswood again. Nothing will ever be set-up in the water park again, and nothing will ever be set-up in Kings Courtyard again, after the renovation. Nothing will ever be set-up on the bottom of White Water Canyon again. If you have noticed, these mazes were some of the best. Clowns at Midnight, Miners' Revenge, Blood on the Bayou, the maze in the waterpark(I can't remember the name). Every maze is set-up at the park 365 days a year now. Sure, they can move some props and change the names of the mazes, but this is what Halloween Haunt has become now. Completely new mazes are a thing of the past, IMO, plus we only have 9 mazes every year now. When I took my group with me this year, it was actually very easy to see every maze, as it was not busy at all, even on the 3rd weekend. I hate saying this because I love Haunt so much, but for the last few years, it has been same old same old. However, I must say that the actors have stepped it up, and perhaps that is because it is not so busy anymore. There actually is not too many conga lines anymore, which is a good thing.

:tease:

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 27 Jan 2018, 20:16

More Skeleton Key rooms to boost interest/sales of Fright Lane passes. Maybe that VR experience they wanted to do a couple years ago. Not much else for 2018 if Winterfest is opening this year as they will probably be more focussed on spending money on that.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 28 Jan 2018, 23:04

I've got an excellent proposal on how to revive Halloween Haunt: escape rooms!

Find the clues to escape a room and if you fail...

Escape rooms could be an upcharge attraction.