Action Theatre Future???

Ponder any possible rumours surrounding Canada's Wonderland here.
Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Action Theatre Future???

Post by Johnny Au » 06 Aug 2014, 22:26

Should the trampolines stay or move elsewhere within Wonderland?

They are an upcharge attraction that requires little maintenance.

The trampolines are next to the Action Theatre.

sheldonmans14

Post by sheldonmans14 » 07 Aug 2014, 01:29

I think the trampolines will not be removed and probably be moved. It is just seems like a waste for Wonderland to remove another revenue stream.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 07 Aug 2014, 16:31

sheldonmans14 wrote:I think the trampolines will not be removed and probably be moved. It is just seems like a waste for Wonderland to remove another revenue stream.
If Action Theatre were removed, then moving the trampolines to another empty (but smaller) area can work, since the trampolines take up very little space.

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 01 Apr 2016, 19:19

New show coming to Action Theatre this year. https://www.canadaswonderland.com/rides ... on-Theatre

aapg
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by aapg » 22 Apr 2016, 19:20

They have a new movie for this year. I forget what it's called, but it is for a movie comming out in the fall

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 22 Apr 2016, 20:58

^^^ Robinson Crusoe 3D... The link canadaswonderlandguy posted has a page with a description and a short trailer if you'd like to get an idea on what it's about...

Price is low enough I might give it a shot at some point this season (likely on a rainy day)...

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 23 Apr 2016, 14:20

I would love CW to recreate the theater like Carowinds's Plants vs Zombies ride.

https://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/plants-vs-zombies
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

Canadaswonderlandpov
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Canadaswonderlandpov » 30 Apr 2016, 19:50

minebusterfan wrote:You all know the 3-D Theatre in the White Water Canyon vicinity(I think), and there's the Planet Snoopy construction because Cedar Fair did not have the rights to Nick characters, right? That theatre shows a Spongebob movie, but I wonder what they are going to do with it since Spongebob is gone for good. They got 3 options:

1. Remove it*

2. Close it off and leave it like the Dolphin Arena

3. Turn it into a new ride

P.S: *means my prefered doing

Now this might not be a rumor but I think it falls into that category. :D
K so you probably don't go to haunt but there is a 100 thousand dollar (permanent) maze that is in the north side of action theater... if they were to do anything it would be to put in another maze and use wonderland theater for movies and such... wonderland theater is not only a performance style theater but is big enough to fit an I MAX projector and screen in... so the possibility for anything else to happen in action theater is very slim.. those games cost at least 5 mill and right now the park is putting 5 mill into upgrading ride controls and painting rides and putting in things like free WiFi and making the park easer to navigate... if i were to speculate anything for action south right now it would probably be 20 dollar movies changing hourly or bi hourly... so the most possible rumor right now is 20 dollar movies
(Leviathan Track Record 69 !!!!!!!)

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 30 Apr 2016, 21:02

I would say the most likely update will be similar to what Carowinds or Great America have done this season. If those are a success then I would expect to see the same happen to our south theatre next year.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 30 Apr 2016, 21:34

Canada's Wonderland should find another EA franchise, given that Cedar Fair has rights to many EA intellectual properties. Perhaps it could be SimCity-themed, as SimCity is a major intellectual property of EA not already covered by other Cedar Fair parks.

A SimCity-themed attraction would be fun for budding urban planners. Alternatively, how about The Sims? It is among the most popular PC games among females.

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 30 Apr 2016, 22:22

Johnny Au wrote:Canada's Wonderland should find another EA franchise, given that Cedar Fair has rights to many EA intellectual properties. Perhaps it could be SimCity-themed, as SimCity is a major intellectual property of EA not already covered by other Cedar Fair parks.

A SimCity-themed attraction would be fun for budding urban planners. Alternatively, how about The Sims? It is among the most popular PC games among females.
Need for Speed would be good as well.

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by miller240 » 01 May 2016, 18:26

canadaswonderlandguy wrote:
Johnny Au wrote:Canada's Wonderland should find another EA franchise, given that Cedar Fair has rights to many EA intellectual properties. Perhaps it could be SimCity-themed, as SimCity is a major intellectual property of EA not already covered by other Cedar Fair parks.

Need for Speed would be good as well.
The building does still have a racing theme. Bringing back the motion seats with a need for speed themed ride would be awesome. Too bad it will never happen :'(

Scott84
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Scott84 » 27 Jun 2016, 19:17

I would have loved to ride Days of Thunder or Licensed to Thrill again.

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 27 Jun 2016, 23:24

Jeff and I were VERY impressed with the Mass Effect makeover at California's Great America. The entire theatre was overhauled. Brand new seats and the graphics were incredible. The "live actor" was a great touch as well. No seat belts so loading/cycling was very fast. I believe we figured over 80 guests per cycle.

I really hope Cedar Fair continues to expand on the Action Theatre renos similar to those at Great America & Carowinds.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 28 Jun 2016, 02:52

It would be fun for Action Theatre in Wonderland to have SimCity, The Sims, or Need for Speed theming.