Project 2016!

Ponder any possible rumours surrounding Canada's Wonderland here.
CedarFair
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Project 2016!

Postby CedarFair » 02 Jun 2015, 20:18

Watch you'll see an announcement will be made soon as someone else said pertaining to Minebuster being shut down and either I-boxed/ Iron horsed or replaced by Ziz in 2017. (again just rumor)

teenagedirtbag
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby teenagedirtbag » 02 Jun 2015, 20:54

we'll all just have to sit and wait

droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby droptowerfan » 02 Jun 2015, 21:04

^^Totally agree that Minebuster's future is uncertain, however, construction/landclearing seems to be starting way too early for something that's 2 years away, especially seeing parts for some pretty heavy duty equipment on site at CW; ie. cranes/machinery to dig footers (pics posted on TPR). I personally think that if Minebuster's going anywhere, it'll either receive some hardcore retracking or a full RMC remake (something that'd be pretty sweet, as I could see RMC doing some pretty wicked stuff with the ride 8) ).

And then there's the other rumour, AKA "Ziz"... I doubt the coaster would "replace" minebuster. The park seems intent on preserving their historic attractions, as they stated it was a "difficult decision" to remove skyrider. More likely, "Ziz" would work it's way around/interact with Minebuster, however, the Minebuster would most likely have to be shut down with construction crews building around the ride.

Regarding skyrider's spot, if we do indeed receive "Ziz" in 2016, skyrider's spot will most likely be home to a station or large element of the coaster, possibly a turnaround.

Finally, an interesting point was brought up about the red stakes during construction in 2011, marking where Leviathan's lifthill now stands. It was reported over on TPR that there were a lot of red stakes int he WWC and Timberwolf falls forested area. I wonder if this gives any clues as to where the lift/station will be located, and the possible "announcement" in the coming weeks; maybe it has nothing to do with Minebuster at all, and will be in regards to Timberwolf or WWC.
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » 02 Jun 2015, 21:17

What are the chances of doing both this RMC overhaul and a completely new coaster within the span of a couple of years?

miller240
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby miller240 » 02 Jun 2015, 22:53

CedarFair wrote:Watch you'll see an announcement will be made soon as someone else said pertaining to Minebuster being shut down and either I-boxed/ Iron horsed or replaced by Ziz in 2017. (again just rumor)

It seems like you don't know the difference between a rumor and something you dreamed up in your imagination

loop-de-loop
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby loop-de-loop » 03 Jun 2015, 01:33

I was at the park today, there were some construction workers doing some wiring under Minebuster's station. I would've taken a picture if I knew there was a rumour of it being removed/closed.

CedarFair
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby CedarFair » 03 Jun 2015, 02:11

The wiring was for Fun TV being added to the queline. Removing Fun Tv is quick and easy and costs nothing so don't think just cause they are adding FUN Tv means not closing at end of year

cheese
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby cheese » 03 Jun 2015, 04:40

miller240 wrote:
CedarFair wrote:Watch you'll see an announcement will be made soon as someone else said pertaining to Minebuster being shut down and either I-boxed/ Iron horsed or replaced by Ziz in 2017. (again just rumor)

It seems like you don't know the difference between a rumor and something you dreamed up in your imagination

He does this every time the park starts pushing dirt around.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 03 Jun 2015, 12:40

CedarFair wrote:The wiring was for Fun TV being added to the queline. Removing Fun Tv is quick and easy and costs nothing so don't think just cause they are adding FUN Tv means not closing at end of year

Then why didn't they add Fun TV to SkyRider's queue line if it wasn't such a hassle for the park to add it for one season and then just remove it at the end of the season? Also, there isn't too much that can be done with Mighty Canadian Minebuster's land as it runs right through the middle of Splash Works. Also, as from what I understand, Canada's Wonderland wants to preserve the original rides and roller coasters, not remove them if they don't have to. I believe that Mighty Canadian Minebuster is going nowhere anytime soon and that the next coaster Canada's Wonderland receives will be put where SkyRider was and over White Water Canyon area as there are many markings over that way. Also, the land that was being moved may have been from the land where Typhoon and Splash Station are now. But, even if there is some land being moved it more than likely has nothing to do with Mighty Canadian Minebuster and more than likely has something to do with Splash Works future expansions. Mighty Canadian Minebuster will more than likely be around for many years to come. Unless you have legitimate facts to prove otherwise, please stop making up misleading and non-realistic expansions. I agree with Miller240 that you don't know the difference between a rumour and something you dreamed up in your imagination. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

CedarFair
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby CedarFair » 03 Jun 2015, 14:38

The coaster isn't heading into white water canyon at all.... yes there's markers there I'M THE ONE REPORTING ON ALL THE CONSTRUCTION... There are 10-15 markers there but they are on metal pipes typically not used to mark coasters.. they can be marking gas lines or rocks. Canada's wonderland has mentioned very often that trees to them are very important and they try to remove as little as possible. They aren't going to go into their biggest forest and demolish most of them

FralickJ
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Postby FralickJ » 03 Jun 2015, 14:46

CedarFair wrote:The coaster isn't heading into white water canyon at all.... yes there's markers there I'M THE ONE REPORTING ON ALL THE CONSTRUCTION... There are 10-15 markers there but they are on metal pipes typically not used to mark coasters.. they can be marking gas lines or rocks. Canada's wonderland has mentioned very often that trees to them are very important and they try to remove as little as possible. They aren't going to go into their biggest forest and demolish most of them

k
Me Gusta

djfreed
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby djfreed » 03 Jun 2015, 18:09

CedarFair wrote:The coaster isn't heading into white water canyon at all.... yes there's markers there I'M THE ONE REPORTING ON ALL THE CONSTRUCTION... There are 10-15 markers there but they are on metal pipes typically not used to mark coasters.. they can be marking gas lines or rocks. Canada's wonderland has mentioned very often that trees to them are very important and they try to remove as little as possible. They aren't going to go into their biggest forest and demolish most of them

Your tone of your writing is becoming very unbearable & annoying, and that is on here, and on TPR, although you finally gave a decent explanation of your, 'source', over on TPR, which I think you should explain to the folks over here as well.

No one is discounting that you are there taking pictures, and posting updates, actually the latter, we are very appreciative and are having fun speculating about what could possibly be taking place in those areas.

Where this changes, is you don't seem to be speculating about this at all, and are basically TELLING people what will be happening, and seeming so sure of it in your tone. (Which is why I ask you share your explanation of your source over here is well, as it will in fact explain a lot.)

What I can suggest, and only a suggestion, is you join the rest of us in speculating about what could be, and not being so sure about what will be, because at this point, there are very very very very very very MCBR..very very very very few people who are privy to that information.

Keep up the great job providing the updates that you have been. I for one really appreciate them, as I haven't had the chance to get to Wonderland in quite a few years now. That needs to change for sure. lol

Back to the project at hand....
" I live for the night, I live for the lights, I live for the high til I'm free fallin' "

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Johnlloyd » 03 Jun 2015, 19:48

I acknowledge that Canada's Wonderland wants to preserve their trees and "forested" areas. All I am wondering now is what is going on in White Water Canyon. I have been going to the park as well and can see that there are markers all around the park especially where SkyRider was, in and around White Water Canyon section, and near Mighty Canadian Minebuster. I think that Canada's Wonderland is going to leave Mighty Canadian Minebuster alone, and use up the space where SkyRider was to build their next coaster. It may partially extend to or over White Water Canyon but, no where near the ground so that way less trees are removed in the process. Or like you say, they may not go over White Water Canyon at all.

I still think that it is quite possible that Canada's Wonderland could be adding a B&M Dive Coaster where SkyRider use to be for the 2016 season as most dive coasters constructed in previous years didn't take long to build. So, we still may see something happening within the next few weeks (or less) if my speculations are correct because a few weeks ago they were flattening SkyRider's ground as if they wanted to get something started. But, last time I was at Canada's Wonderland (May 26th) there was nothing happening on SkyRider's former spot. But, here is a photo and a link to a video that I had taken that day (May 14th) where I had posted it on "The Next Coaster" topic here on CWMania a few weeks ago. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

CedarFair
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby CedarFair » 03 Jun 2015, 20:52

djfreed wrote:

Your tone of your writing is becoming very unbearable & annoying, and that is on here, and on TPR, although you finally gave a decent explanation of your, 'source', over on TPR, which I think you should explain to the folks over here as well.

No one is discounting that you are there taking pictures, and posting updates, actually the latter, we are very appreciative and are having fun speculating about what could possibly be taking place in those areas.

Where this changes, is you don't seem to be speculating about this at all, and are basically TELLING people what will be happening, and seeming so sure of it in your tone. (Which is why I ask you share your explanation of your source over here is well, as it will in fact explain a lot.)

What I can suggest, and only a suggestion, is you join the rest of us in speculating about what could be, and not being so sure about what will be, because at this point, there are very very very very very very MCBR..very very very very few people who are privy to that information.

Keep up the great job providing the updates that you have been. I for one really appreciate them, as I haven't had the chance to get to Wonderland in quite a few years now. That needs to change for sure. lol

Back to the project at hand....

You know what, your right. I just got so annoyed so easily cause I've been going almost daily and doing sooooo much research lol I think it's gotten to my big head. I'm sorry.

mdc1271
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby mdc1271 » 03 Jun 2015, 23:07

We are all expecting some big news, and it could be something so simple. I truly believe that the park has huge plans for that corner of the park. Not sure about BBQ and Brew, as they have installed a sprinkler system in that spot. It is also too close to do Fireworks as well, And they have yet to install grass. There is a reason for this! Something must be planned for Skyriders area.
I can see some new flat rides, maybe more than one. Lake Erie Eagles, Each park seems to be getting that ride. I cam also see something happening with Minebuster, And TimberWolf, and possibly Action Theatre. So many options.
Markers and Flags posted all over the place do mean something, We all want something BIG, but might be thinking that it is too early for another coaster. Cedar Fair has yet to show any signs of any new coaster at any parks. Yes, They do have land cleared at Cedar Point, Just the same as us.
We will have to wait and see.
I am curious as to why CW is slow to finish construction for this season. I honestly would have thought that they would have been done.

Return to “Rumours”