Future Enjoyment sign spotted

Ponder any possible rumours surrounding Canada's Wonderland here.
Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Future Enjoyment sign spotted

Post by Johnlloyd » 29 Jan 2018, 22:07

Ty-rant_13 wrote:Yay B&M! :excited:

Certainly exciting that they already have track on site, but it's possible they only have enough for the tunnel since they would need to install those track sections before enclosing the tunnel and refilling Lake LeBarge (i.e., before the park opens this season). Then they can worry about assembling the rest of the layout later. Also, if this track is only used for the tunnel, it may not accurately reflect the colour of the rest of the coaster (a stretch, I know, but I'm really hoping that's not the final colour) since you probably won't be able to see it while you're down there anyway. Alternatively, maybe the station could be themed to the nest of the Ziz creature people think this coaster will be themed/named after and this colour is just for the station track to blend in with that theme?

I find it hilarious that this somehow confirms it's a dive coaster. Wing coasters also have quite large track gauge, as do the modern invert designs (due to the wider restraints/seats). This may also be the rumoured 4-D wing coaster design people thought B&M might have been working on developing, or some other new coaster model altogether. The track spine width on any coaster also varies according to where on the layout it is, with the lift and drop of Leviathan having a much larger spine than the rest of the layout, and the station/brake run on many coasters having larger spines than the rest of the coaster. If this track is for the station, lift, tunnel, or brake run (all of which are likely to be constructed first), I don't see this proving anything at all.

Let the speculation continue to run wild! :dance:
Hey Ty-rant_13, I am glad to see some activity on the forums once again!

As for the new roller coaster, I agree with you that we may see many track colours along the course of the ride due to elements such as tunnels, and other possible sections of the track we may not really see. I also think different colours of track could be used to blend in the with land that the roller coaster will pass over, which has also been seen at other amusement parks in the past. As for the model of the next roller coaster, I came to a conclusion a while ago based on the location and size of the construction area that it could very well be a dive coaster. But, it could be a newly designed drop coaster by B&M featuring a different seating arrangement to provide added excitement for visitors who choose to ride. It definitely is interesting and I am sure more will be discovered to confirm what model of roller coaster by B&M will be coming to Canada's Wonderland for 2019. We have a ton of interesting information thus far, so it will be interesting to continue to follow the progress in the future, especially once the park opens for the 2018 season! 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 30 Jan 2018, 05:15

Is it wrong that I'm already thinking of booking opening day 2019 off work???

WonderMountain
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by WonderMountain » 01 Feb 2018, 11:25

Summer is forever away.... and it's not even opening this year!

Oh the pain!

With that being said I haven't been in two years and I look forward to seeing all of the new flats this summer. I'm also hoping Soaring Timbers is running under a longer/more intense program. The video's I have seen make it seem way too lite on the action, especially comparing it to the traveling Airwolf days.

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 01 Feb 2018, 12:00

Honorarius wrote:Is it wrong that I'm already thinking of booking opening day 2019 off work???
Haha, not crazy at all. I'm thinking of booking off opening day 2018, just so I can get a ground-level look at all that construction.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

lumist
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by lumist » 03 Feb 2018, 18:30

I can see Windseeker becoming a popular attraction for enthusiasts this year, lol

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Feb 2018, 23:50

"Ziz" would be a major innovation for B&M.

It would be interesting if it were a diving wing coaster, combining elements of wing coasters and dive coasters.

It would be the first roller coaster in Wonderland since the opening of Time Warp in 2004 to have inversions.

WonderMountain
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by WonderMountain » 04 Feb 2018, 11:12

^That's depressing. I don't know which point though, the closest time since an inverted coaster, or the fact it was that monstrocity to do it,

Ty-rant_13
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ty-rant_13 » 04 Feb 2018, 16:47

Johnny Au wrote:It would be the first roller coaster in Wonderland since the opening of Time Warp in 2004 to have inversions.
Yeah, I was doing research for a possible off-season update for my YouTube channel that would have talked about that. We've gotten four new coasters since Time Warp, none of which have inversions. Wonderland also has the third most roller coasters of any park in the world, yet there are 23 parks with more roller coaster inversions than Wonderland. That's a staggering discrepancy!

Also found out Ziz has two other names: Renanin and Sekwi. I could see Wonderland using Renanin instead of Ziz. There's also a fascinating story that could have been used for some theming inspiration:
It once happened that travelers on a vessel noticed a bird. As he stood in the water, it merely covered his feet, and his head knocked against the sky. The onlookers thought the water could not have any depth at that point, and they prepared to take a bath there. A heavenly voice warned them: "Alight not here! Once a carpenter's axe slipped from his hand at this spot, and it took it seven years to touch bottom." The bird the travelers saw was none other than the Ziz.
So it makes sense that Ziz would be both in the water (tunnel) and in the air (top of the lift/drop). By the same token, having the station themed to a nest would tie into the following description:
[ Ziz/Renanin] is called "son of the nest," because his fledgling birds break away from the shell without being hatched by the mother bird; they spring directly from the nest, as it were.
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!
I BELIEVE IN DRAGONS!

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Qdriver » 05 Feb 2018, 22:23

WonderMountain wrote:^That's depressing. I don't know which point though, the closest time since an inverted coaster, or the fact it was that monstrocity to do it,
Yeah that’s it exactly. I’d even be reluctant to call them inversions at least in true sense of a decent roller coaster. I mean It just rolls around a few times and that’s about it, so in my mind it’s even longer than that.

Other than breaking my neck on that OTHER THING beside it, I no longer have to rely on the Bat for getting my inversion fix....I am so dying for this!!!!! :excited: :dance:
GO LEAFS GO!!!

Laercio
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Laercio » 12 Feb 2018, 16:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehfi3c-pwhc

They are working on the spot and part of the Vortex track was removed.
Leo