What is a Behemoth?

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
loop-de-loop
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: What is a Behemoth?

Post by loop-de-loop » 03 Sep 2013, 13:18

As someone who was never a fan of Pokémon, I'm extremely glad the park didn't go that route. I think the biblical creatures make a great theming opportunity, and I'm surprised the name Leviathan wasn't already scooped up by SeaWorld.

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Sep 2013, 16:08

MagicMountainFan wrote:I wish we got that pokemon license that people were speculating about in 2007 so they could have themed leviathan and behemoth to Kyogre and Groundon and then when we get Ziz it could have been called Rayquaza as Rayquaza is the guardian of the sky which stops Kyogre and Groundons battle. This part of pokemon lore is obviously inspired by the Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz story. But I wish the park would have opted for the pokemon route.
As a huge Nintendo fan, a theme park should acquire the rights to Nintendo licences. If Cedar Fair (or Six Flags) acquires the Nintendo licences, it would be huge (but so huge that it requires a completely separate theme park (unlike what Universal is doing with its Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure)).

Imagine each section being based on a specific Nintendo franchise. One section would be called Mushroom Kingdom, another called Dream Land, another called Hyrule, another called Pokémon World, etc.

For now, despite being a secular atheist, I can live with biblical theming of the major roller coasters.

sheldonmans14

Post by sheldonmans14 » 03 Sep 2013, 21:41

No offence to Cedar Fair, but I don't want a company that isn't known for theming, controlling such an immersive property like Nintendo. Stuff like that should be handled by the theming juggernauts at Disney and Universal.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 03 Sep 2013, 22:08

sheldonmans14 wrote:No offence to Cedar Fair, but I don't want a company that isn't known for theming, controlling such an immersive property like Nintendo. Stuff like that should be handled by the theming juggernauts at Disney and Universal.
...or if Nintendo decides to establish a theme park of its own, just like Disney, Universal, Sega (yes, they do operate theme parks), and a few others.

I would love to visit a Nintendo theme park.