7 year old wants to ride

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
Mom2PandD
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

7 year old wants to ride

Post by Mom2PandD » 27 Apr 2009, 12:01

Hello,

My 7 year old really wants us to ride Behemoth this season. She is now 48". Is this possible? Do you think she is too young? I'm thinking maybe this season I should take her on some other coasters that she hasn't experienced yet such as Wild Beast, Backlot stunt coaster, and Minebuster.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Mom2PandD

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Re: 7 year old wants to ride

Post by DantheMan » 27 Apr 2009, 12:49

I would definitely recommend making sure that your daughter has worked her way up riding Behemoth. If there are rides like Backlot and Wild Beast that she has yet to ride, do those first.

Tackling Behemoth before those rides could really backfire and she may be terrified of rides for quite some time after. If you work your way up to it she may like it.

The sheer size and presence of Behemoth is more than enough to keep some adults off of the ride even when they fully intended to ride as well so you should keep that in mind.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

Nuance84

Post by Nuance84 » 27 Apr 2009, 13:35

Yeah, definately work her way up to it. On the other hand, If She can handle behemoth, then she can handle anything in the park, lol.

I believe the height requirement is 54" though however.
Ride On!!

WildeBeast
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by WildeBeast » 27 Apr 2009, 15:21

Mom2PandD wrote:I'm thinking maybe this season I should take her on some other coasters that she hasn't experienced yet such as Wild Beast, Backlot stunt coaster, and Minebuster.
Hello Mom2PandD,

I would recommend taking her on Minebuster and Backlot if she was open to the challenge. If she was completely intimidated by any ride, wait until the following year. Be careful with Wild Beast though, especially at the rear of the train. The first drop would be quite a shock for her, and overall its a wild rickety "out of control" feeling ride.
Nuance84 wrote:I believe the height requirement is 54" though however
Indeed, she would have to be 54" anyways so Behemoth is out of the question, for this season anyways.

Hope you and your daughter have a great season at the park!

WildeBeast

Ryuinfinity
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ryuinfinity » 27 Apr 2009, 21:10

If she wants to do it, let her ride Behemoth once she is tall enough. But don't force her. If she chickens out, don't get annoyed.
Top 5 Coasters:
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Raptor
4. Behemoth
5. Gemini

Dr.Ake
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Dr.Ake » 27 Apr 2009, 21:39

Lol don't make her do it? Lol my parents forced me to go on Superman: Ride of Steel at Darien Lake when I was 7. I was literally screaming and kicking and balling my eyes out. The only other big ride I went on was Viper at Darien Lake. But that is what started my love for roller coasters :D But I think you should work her way up the rides just to be on the safe side.
Behemoth count: 250!
Wonderland Trips '11: 6

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 27 Apr 2009, 21:56

I think you should work her up, I was very little and too small to go on the fly but I really wanted too, so when I was tall enough I went on it. I was scared off of Roller Coasters for one year. My sister did the same with Wild Beast, but was scared of Roller Coasters for about 3 years, maybe more. All I'ms aying, is you should make sure she knows just how big what she is getting onto is.

Mom2PandD
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Mom2PandD » 28 Apr 2009, 00:33

Thank you all for your replies. I am actually relieved to now know that the height requirement is 54". She is a little daredevil but honestly, even I'm intimidated by the Behemoth! We will definitely enjoy some rides this season that we haven't tried yet. I bought seasons passes this year so we are really looking forward to enjoying our summer at Wonderland. Hope to meet some of you there!!