Behemoth Trims~ Media Day???

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
cooliocody12
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Behemoth Trims~ Media Day???

Post by cooliocody12 » 01 May 2009, 07:06

Magnum had some wild ejector air, and maverick did so as well, and I believe Intamin hypers usually have ejector air like the Superman Ride of Steel`s or...Bizzaro.

Riptide Rules x2!
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Riptide Rules x2! » 05 May 2009, 12:15

In Regards to the trims, I noticed that on SPPN they were not in operation! Alos, I am not sure but I am pretty confident that they were not functional on OD- Opening Day (Use this Abbreviation as you Wish)! i Think In my opinion yhat Behemoth is running way better this year. Also, I have noticed an improvement in SkyRider, I don't bang my head as much and it feels smoother.

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 05 May 2009, 15:22

The trims come on from time to time, but are not always on. Take it from someone who's been on it already an extensive amount of times 8). I think that this year's crew is much slower than last years (sometimes). The line goes fast at times, and the line goes slow at times. I'm blaming the GP mostly though. I guess for some reason some stupid people do not understand what EXIT QUICKLY means!

minebusterfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by minebusterfan » 05 May 2009, 19:31

I see the trims as a good thing. Once you hit the trims in the middle of the airtime hill, it kind of slows the train down a bit to give the riders a bit more airtime. So all of you who don't like the trims, ride Behemoth and watch for the trimsso you can notice the extra airtime. :D
Coaster Count-
Minebuster- 29
Behemoth- 16
Windseeker-3

Looks like P2K12 is really picking up!

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 05 May 2009, 19:45

We aren't saying it destroys the airtime, it makes it much more mild, and a lot of us like the ejector air, which is much more intense, as a pose to floarter air which may last for longer it seems, but it is more gentle. Depending on what you like you may see the trims as a good or a bad thing, i don't really care about them, I would just rather have it without them.

Dispatch
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Dispatch » 08 May 2009, 23:15

Just to clarify:

The trims have ALWAYS been operational - however - the ride's computer system operates them automatically. There are many different factors when it comes down to it, including temperature, wind speed, and train speeds. Operations and maintenance staff cannot deactivate the trims.

Whisper
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Whisper » 10 May 2009, 16:14

^Usually when it's controlled by electricity, you can deactivate them. Just pull the plug!

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 10 May 2009, 18:20

I'm sure that when we say "the trims are off", we know they're on, but just deactivated for that specific train :P.

Riptide Rules x2!
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Riptide Rules x2! » 10 May 2009, 21:51

Today, after seeing many Behemith Trains going by, the trims were always deactivated. Even though thay can come on from time to time, I've noticed this year that they are almost never activated.

Riptide Rules x2!

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 10 May 2009, 23:32

Riptide Rules x2! wrote:Today, after seeing many Behemith Trains going by, the trims were always deactivated. Even though thay can come on from time to time, I've noticed this year that they are almost never activated.

Riptide Rules x2!
It's still early in the season, and since it's still coldish, the temperature will affect the speed of the train. Once everything warms up, be ready for them to come on. The trims don't matter anyways. They're used for more airtime! I don't know why people get so excited when the trims don't activate. Chances are the train is going the same speed even when they grab.

greghill
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by greghill » 11 May 2009, 17:25

I for one san say that in the colder weather, such as early morning ert, the trims are not going on much, but as it warms up they are on alot more.

End of that.
That is how they work.

BeHeMoThFaN
Banned
Banned

Post by BeHeMoThFaN » 12 May 2009, 00:32

yea i rode Behemoth the other day and the first two times the trims weren't used but the mid course was but my third time the mid course break run wasn't even used which was wicked ?

Riptide Rules x2!
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Riptide Rules x2! » 12 May 2009, 08:15

Um, maybe it just seemed that way but, well, I can't say for sure since I was not present but, something tells me no matter what the Mid-Course Brake Run Would always be used.

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 12 May 2009, 09:01

Riptide Rules x2! wrote:Um, maybe it just seemed that way but, well, I can't say for sure since I was not present but, something tells me no matter what the Mid-Course Brake Run Would always be used.
Correct. Not only is it for safety, it's also to regulate the speed. If it's going too fast through the helix, it will put extra strain on the wheels and they will require replacement faster. I think speeding through a helix would add way too much G forces as well.

Ryuinfinity
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ryuinfinity » 12 May 2009, 09:31

Ya. Without the MCBR Behemoth would hurt so much.
Top 5 Coasters:
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Raptor
4. Behemoth
5. Gemini