Could Behemoth be the Introduction to a GIGA?

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Re: Could Behemoth be the Introduction to a GIGA?

Post by clewis4u91 » 21 May 2009, 17:51

TimgHill wrote:That is good about Maverick being Family friendly, I loved maverick so much!! I like Intamin because they are way more forceful and intense, but I love Behemoth and B&M because they are smooth, reliable, and so well designed for comfort. It is like comparing apples to oranges, ya one might taste better but it isn't fair to compare them, they go for different things.
Probably one of the best posts on here. Everyone has opinions!

BeHeMoThFaN
Banned
Banned

Post by BeHeMoThFaN » 21 May 2009, 18:08

Height Restrictions are bull airports have to adjust based on construction, Wonderland owns the land they do as they please Toronto continues to build sky scrapers. Planes don't rule over land construction, for they are a business as well.

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 21 May 2009, 18:53

Cities DO have restrictions on structure heights. They are not bull; they are there for safety reasons.

Although no one knows for sure that there is a height restriction in Vaughan, it is likely given the fact that the 2 tallest rides have the exact same height.

We will likely never see a Giga coaster at Wonderland. Why? There are only a handful in the world and they were built in a time when there was a competition to build the tallest rides. Those days are long gone. With the cost of steel and other materials these days it makes much more sense to build shorter more family friendly rides that still pack a great punch, like Maverick and other coasters of the sort.

You don't build a huge ride only to surpass the size and out-do the whole effect of the ride in only a couple of years. You won't see the same type of huge ride for a while, if ever. Look for different kinds of coasters with great capacity and interesting layouts, not a giga.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

BeHeMoThFaN
Banned
Banned

Post by BeHeMoThFaN » 21 May 2009, 18:57

Totally makes sense :)

cooliocody12
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by cooliocody12 » 21 May 2009, 20:12

clewis4u91 wrote:
cooliocody12 wrote:
clewis4u91 wrote:Yeah, who want's an Intamin anyways :P. Dive machine for me! :D
Unless you've ridden a quality intamin coaster or any intamin for that matter, you can't compare them to B&M's. I can tell you right now Dive machines are more sluggish and less forceful because of their train designs and their huge maneuvers. There are plenty of people like myself on this site that would say that Intamin coasters are becoming much more forceful and innovative than B&M coasters. Don't bash Intamin if you haven't experienced one because they are superb coasters.
I can bash Intamin if I want, because that is my OPINION, that Intamin sucks. Once they stop making maintenance disasters, then we might see more of them.
Intamin has made hundreds of coasters, only a handful of the coasters you hear about have "maintenance nightmares" and those are the the ones which have been prototypes that have pushed the envelope and the ones which have made news. Every roller coaster has maintenance issues, if you want to move forward in terms of thrilling technology this I'm afraid is inevitable. The only reason B&M's have such good reliability is because they all rely on the "classic" rollercoaster setup. B&M coasters are cookie cutter too, different maneuvers switched around and put into different places, this isn't necessarily bad, but it's not as thrilling. It's MY personal opinion that Intamin is superior to B&M because of their willingness to create new ways to thrill people.Also Intamin has some very reliable coasters it's just the ones which have been prototypes have overshadowed this. Parks wouldn't buy Intamin coaster if they weren't safe and reliable...B&M is still an amazing ride manufacturer however, and their reliability helps their reputation but they also have a reputation of "doing the same old thing" where as Intamin leads the way in new thrills.Just sayin' :P

coasterboy
Admin
Admin

Post by coasterboy » 21 May 2009, 20:52

Don't count out the amazing rides that Gerstlauer, Mauer Sohne and Mack are building... watch out B&M and Intamin, you're not the only players on the field anymore.

sheldonmans14

Post by sheldonmans14 » 21 May 2009, 21:29

Gerstlauer is looking really impressive. Saw and mystery mine looked pretty awesome.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

cooliocody12
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by cooliocody12 » 21 May 2009, 21:48

Macks new LSM coaster Blue Fire looks amazing. I agree the two big players in quality thrills have competition coming up.

BeHeMoThFaN
Banned
Banned

Post by BeHeMoThFaN » 22 May 2009, 00:27

Yea so then what ride do you all think will become Canada's Wonderlands next coaster?

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 22 May 2009, 08:34

BeHeMoThFaN wrote:Yea so then what ride do you all think will become Canada's Wonderlands next coaster?
Should leave that question to the Rumour subforum :D.

BeHeMoThFaN
Banned
Banned

Post by BeHeMoThFaN » 22 May 2009, 09:35

true true ;) got me there, But yea I still think Behemoth will be the introduction to a bigger coaster not to far from now, like obviously not 2010 but withing 5 years at the least maybe there 35 anniversary? or 40th?

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 22 May 2009, 16:23

I think 40 years (2020) would be the Giga if we were to get one. or, by the possible advances in technology, a strata that is FULL CIRCUIT, or a 500 foot launch coaster. (Doubt that will happen anytime soon). As I've said 2010 will probably be some thrilling coaster that isn't all about height and speed.

Ryuinfinity
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ryuinfinity » 22 May 2009, 18:40

Like Fahrenheit.
Top 5 Coasters:
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Raptor
4. Behemoth
5. Gemini

coaster_maniac
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by coaster_maniac » 25 May 2009, 10:26

But it doesn't really make sense about the whole height restrictions thing. Yes I do agree that height restrictions are real and they are not just a myth. But CW is still pretty far away from the airport unless their is a small airport in the area were CW is located?
Trauma's R Us.

bnlboy888
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by bnlboy888 » 25 May 2009, 22:30

coaster_maniac wrote:But it doesn't really make sense about the whole height restrictions thing. Yes I do agree that height restrictions are real and they are not just a myth. But CW is still pretty far away from the airport unless their is a small airport in the area were CW is located?
Buttonville airport is about 20 km east of wonderland (just down Rutherford) it's just a small municipal airport. Pearson is quite a while away (wonderland probably doesn't effect it. (Toronto is full of tall buildings, heck, it doesn't effect it!)