Your Best Ever Ride On Behemoth

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
cooliocody12
CWManiac
CWManiac

Your Best Ever Ride On Behemoth

Post by cooliocody12 » 27 Jul 2009, 11:00

This topic is to share your favourite experience on Behemoth, and why it was your favourite.

In terms of thrills, yesterday was probably the best ride I've had on Behemoth. The ride attendants barely pushed my lap bar down at all, so that there was almost a fist between me and the restraint. I decided to just leave it as it would make the ride amazingly fun, and I was right. I sat in the very back of the train, and that first drop was the best air i've experienced on Behemoth, I actually had to grab a hold of the seat because I was floating so high! The G forces at the bottom of the hill may have pushed the lapbar down to my thighs but my legs were already pushed up in the air by the airtime so by the time the bottom of the hill came, my legs stopped it from lowering any further. The first second third and fourth hills were absolutely insanely filled with airtime. It was epic. And it was a night ride too which made it all the more better. By the time the helix came my lapbar pushed back into place from the G's, but the rest of the ride was still very fast for some reason, it felt like the MCBR wasn't on as hard or something. Even the first trim didn't seem to slow the coaster that much. Anyways it was an amazing ride on Behemoth.

Ryuinfinity
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Your Best Ever Ride On Behemoth

Post by Ryuinfinity » 27 Jul 2009, 11:41

Sounds kickass! I think I'd be too scared to let myself ride with that much space, though. :(
Top 5 Coasters:
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Raptor
4. Behemoth
5. Gemini

coasterguy77
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by coasterguy77 » 27 Jul 2009, 11:59

One of the coolest was when I had a good two fists worth of room between myself and the restraint. In the middle, I just floated right in between the seat and the restraint...coolest feeling ever, man!
"Where's that monkey? I want to shoot something!"

Invertsince93
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Invertsince93 » 27 Jul 2009, 13:32

The best ride on Behemoth for me....would be when CPF1, my cousin, and I played tag on it. It was so awesomely random.
The most thrilling ride on Behemoth would have to be the first time with my hands up, mainly because I hadn't done it before.
While we're at it, my worst ride on Behemoth would be during Behemothon ERT last year. :oops:
LIGHTS.Wonderland.Disney.Skins

Whisper
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Whisper » 27 Jul 2009, 13:35

When Clewis and I had the train to ourselves at night at Behemothon 2.0. I sat at the front, while Clewis sat at the back, we were laughing our butts off the whole way, and on the hammerhead and helixs, we waved to eachother. That was an amazing day and the best ride ever on Behemoth!!

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 27 Jul 2009, 13:55

Whisper wrote:When Clewis and I had the train to ourselves at night at Behemothon 2.0. I sat at the front, while Clewis sat at the back, we were laughing our butts off the whole way, and on the hammerhead and helixs, we waved to eachother. That was an amazing day and the best ride ever on Behemoth!!
I would have to agree with you there. So glad I can say I was on a train alone LOL.

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 27 Jul 2009, 22:06

Sitting in back and turning my body to see the track behind the train the whole ride.
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 27 Jul 2009, 22:14

xlcanada wrote:Sitting in back and turning my body to see the track behind the train the whole ride.
Did that at Behemothon too :D. So much fun! Wish there was a Behemothon 2.5!

coaster_maniac
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by coaster_maniac » 28 Jul 2009, 03:00

My favourite part is posing everytime the train passes the helix's were the camera is located, I know it sounds lame but in the heat of the moment it feels pretty cool. Also can't argue about the first drop.
Trauma's R Us.

Whisper
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Whisper » 28 Jul 2009, 03:27

^ I love it at night when it acts like a strobe (because it is one)

greghill
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by greghill » 28 Jul 2009, 11:20

some of my best ever rides were the first ride this season, behemothon ert where jen was in the front and me and tim were in the back.
the very best had to be last year where one of the ops would leave me a bunch of extra space, and the airtime was sweet with it.

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 28 Jul 2009, 11:44

My best was near the end of the season last year, I decided to give myself lots of room for airtime. I could put my whole arm under the restraint, I was near the back, it was awesome being way above the seat. The Gs pushed the restraint right against me at the bottom of the hill before the MCBR though. One of the most thrilling was the first time this year I turned my head around for the drop and most of the ride, that is always awesome. :D

Rye Rye
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Rye Rye » 28 Jul 2009, 12:09

I was sitting in the back and on the first drop the person in front of me let go of her phone. It floated infront of my face and i was able to grab it. I was not able to hold on and I have never done that before. Crazy!

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 28 Jul 2009, 12:12

Yesterday I was on behemoth and someone close in front of me screamed "My phone!!" and I saw a phone float up from somewhere ahead of me, hit a support for the first airtime hill an broke. It was quite funny :lol:

jetscreamlover
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by jetscreamlover » 29 Jul 2009, 01:22

The second day it opened last year (Saturday, April 26 I believe) I rode it a few times after I my shift dressing up as Scooby-Doo. The last time I rode it that day I sat in the front. As soon as it got to the top on the lift hill it broke down for about 15 minutes. Many of the guests were freaking out but I was actually enjoying it because of the great view of Wonderland I was getting for that long period of time. People who were riding the Minebuster kept waving to us and I waved back.