Behemoth Red Train Stuck!!!

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
Mykidisorange
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Behemoth Red Train Stuck!!!

Post by Mykidisorange » 07 Nov 2011, 19:37

On Saturday October 1 2011, during the test cycle on Behemoth. The red train was hit with a huge gust of wind when it went over the top. The wind actually managed to slow the train over the first Camelback and barely made it over the turnaround. The train managed to make it to the valley that is over the water and didn't make it up to the "brake area". It just sat in the valley. (All Day btw). I was at the park that day and saw the train stuck in the valley from the Minebuster. Also explain that the other train was stuck at the top of the lift all day. I don't know if the ride ran for the haunt but the train was pulled out of the valley by a heavy tow truck. It was running again on the Sunday. I wonder if B & M knows that one of their trains didn't make it back?

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Re: Behemoth Red Train Stuck!!!

Post by clewis4u91 » 07 Nov 2011, 22:01

B&M has zero control over strong wind gusts.

greghill
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by greghill » 07 Nov 2011, 23:57

and anyways, it's valleyed before (Two days Before SPPN Opening season), and im 100% sure it will eventually valley again, it really isn't a big deal :P

vekomahater
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by vekomahater » 08 Nov 2011, 18:14

Yeah, i was there that night. Behemoth sat vacant for the rest of the night and the train that vallied had been removed by around 10 pm. They began to do test runs at around 11 but the ride didn't open up for the night. The ride re-opened, as we all know, the next day.

Mykidisorange
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Mykidisorange » 12 Nov 2011, 12:55

Yeah, you guys are totally right. It was just really, well, "freaky" to see the train there. to see the other train at the top of the lift all day too was pretty weird. It was just something I've never seen at Wonderland. I mean that ride is ALWAYS running.

Behemoth really did have alot of things working against it that morning. Beside the wind, the fact that there was no weight on the train and I'm pretty sure the grease that was packed in the wheel bearings is really thick because of the cold. On the Sunday I think they just let it warm up a bit before the test cycle and everything was fine.

I hope I didn't come across as bad-mouthing the ride. I love riding it as much as the next person. Cheers!