Best Seat on Behemoth?

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
droptowerfan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Best Seat on Behemoth?

Post by droptowerfan » 21 Jul 2012, 16:03

I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best seat on Behemoth. I personally like the front, as it gives the smoothest ride, and the best view.
Top 5 CW Coasters: 1: Leviathan 2: Skyrider 3: Behemoth 4: Backlot 5: Minebuster

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Re: Best Seat on Behemoth?

Post by clewis4u91 » 22 Jul 2012, 19:20

I prefer the back seats.

Colino Frappucino
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Colino Frappucino » 22 Jul 2012, 20:28

I've sat in the front, back, and middle of Behemoth. And so far I enjoy the front the best :)

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by TimgHill » 23 Jul 2012, 13:38

I've ridden every seat, at coasting for kids I did all in one day.. I prefer the second back row. The inside seats are smoother than the outside seats, so the second from the back is the best, IMO.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 23 Jul 2012, 15:53

I like the ride best at or near the back, but I like the view from the front...

chadta
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by chadta » 31 Aug 2012, 07:20

I like the back outside, so that i can grab at the trees once you make the turn around.

At coasting for kids with Tim, I did every seat, and you really notice the difference around the middle of the train where you go from feeling like you are getting ejected on each hill at the front, to the back where the train just drops out from under you.

mess98
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by mess98 » 31 Aug 2012, 18:39

I like the back...
but repeated rides in the back make me violently ill. The Gs seem more prominent in the back than anywhere else.

THEMANJMK
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by THEMANJMK » 31 Aug 2012, 21:17

I like the fifth car, right outside seat.
Leviathan 2017 - 38
2012 - 59 2013 - 48 2014 - 44 2015 - 262016 - 20
Total - 235

dkny6363
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by dkny6363 » 21 Aug 2013, 22:29

I am usually a back seat right side rider on Behemoth. I would say at least 50% of my laps. If not there than front (wings) right side. I must say I haven't been loving Behemoth overly this year. Part of this is because half my laps have been first thing in the morning. However last night I rode in the very front. Probably only my 4th or 5th time in the very front, and first time in a while. GREAT lap. I had to wait 45 mins, and I always say a long wait will always increase your ride enjoyment. I may start riding very front more often now. I never did before because it was always about an extra 10 train wait. Now its usually 3 or 4. It was so fast, I didn't think the trims were hitting, until I rode in the back right after and the trims were super noticeable. Does anyone notice the Orange train always gives the best rides?

CoasterEv
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by CoasterEv » 23 Aug 2013, 15:44

Back seat alll the way! :yes: Airtime Central!
Coaster Count: 58 and rising! :D

marissa24
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by marissa24 » 01 Jun 2014, 23:10

Hey guys! Which seat is best for a scared, wimpy noob like me? I am getting the hang of it but still not there yet! :(

ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by ThrillFan » 03 Jun 2014, 00:10

I like the back the best. I've ridden in a number of different positions. I have been keeping track of where I sit for each lap -- I should do an analysis. :)
marissa24 wrote:Hey guys! Which seat is best for a scared, wimpy noob like me? I am getting the hang of it but still not there yet! :(
My experience (and others please correct where you disagree) is that the front has more delayed hang on the hills (eg, slow over the top, more suspension looking down as you go over the hill), and the back is faster as it whips you over the hill.

My feeling is that a middle seat evens out (somewhat) the ride. Not too suspended going over the hills (which can be scary to some), but also not quite as much as a forceful crest over the hills either.
Last edited by sheldonmans14 on 03 Jun 2014, 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 03 Jun 2014, 07:50

ThrillFan wrote: My experience (and others please correct where you disagree) is that the front has more delayed hang on the hills (eg, slow over the top, more suspension looking down as you go over the hill), and the back is faster as it whips you over the hill.
This is my experience as well... Don't tell anyone, more seats near the back for us :)

marissa24
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by marissa24 » 03 Jun 2014, 09:34

ThrillFan wrote: My experience (and others please correct where you disagree) is that the front has more delayed hang on the hills (eg, slow over the top, more suspension looking down as you go over the hill), and the back is faster as it whips you over the hill.

My feeling is that a middle seat evens out (somewhat) the ride. Not too suspended going over the hills (which can be scary to some), but also not quite as much as a forceful crest over the hills either.
Thanks ThrillFan! I am trying to "train" myself to get used to the feeling and to enjoy it. Everytime I go on, the air just makes me freak out and grab the lap bar down and grip my legs to the train. I am wondering how much air is normal and it totally feels like I am going to slip out as my bum gets off 4" from the seat :O. Please tell me what is normal lol

ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by ThrillFan » 11 Jun 2014, 15:19

marissa24 wrote:Thanks ThrillFan! I am trying to "train" myself to get used to the feeling and to enjoy it. Everytime I go on, the air just makes me freak out and grab the lap bar down and grip my legs to the train. I am wondering how much air is normal and it totally feels like I am going to slip out as my bum gets off 4" from the seat :O. Please tell me what is normal lol
No worries. :)

It took me a bit to get used to the air, but that's actually a big part of the enjoyment for me now. I had to convince myself that the rides were secure despite the air, and just enjoy it. 4" seems a bit much, but I can't say that I actually measured it. I would guess that I get more like 1-2" but I guess it really depends on your physique.

Oh, and I see what you did there with "train". :)