Seatbelts

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Seatbelts

Post by RealisticTrain » 08 May 2014, 17:42

You don't see seat belts checked on rides like The Bat or Dragon Fire... The operators just "visually" check them. Why don't they do that here?

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 08 May 2014, 19:43

RealisticTrain wrote:You don't see seat belts checked on rides like The Bat or Dragon Fire... The operators just "visually" check them. Why don't they do that here?
That's odd. When I went last year they would ask me to move my arms as they did pull on the redundant belt. But, maybe they don't do that anymore. If your restraint did come open on Dragon Fire or The Bat, I'm sure the forces would keep you in your seat with or without the belt. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by RealisticTrain » 08 May 2014, 19:44

I'm 100% that they didn't pull on the belt because that would mean that they would be touching your crotch. The belt is literally directly between your legs.

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 08 May 2014, 19:48

RealisticTrain wrote:I'm 100% that they didn't pull on the belt because that would mean that they would be touching your crotch. The belt is literally directly between your legs.
Well, just to let you know the restraint is between the belt and your crotch. On roller coasters and rides with lap bars they get quite close. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

twisterfreak
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by twisterfreak » 11 May 2014, 19:03

I have to say...I wasn't a fan of the seat belt...not because of any restrictions while riding but because of where the belt sits. If you get a over zealous ride op that shoves the bar down it hurts. Load time wasn't too bad today but I did time it. It took us 1:45 to load and leave the station.
2012 Ride Count: Leviathan: 53 Behemoth: 43 Minebuster: 2 Backlot: 5 Skyrider: 2
2013 Ride Count: Leviathan: 5 Behemoth: 4 Gatekeeper: 6 Wicked Twisterf: 6 TTD: 6 Millennium Force: 4

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 17 May 2014, 15:42

Yesterday ops were slightly better than my previous visit. All 3 trains stacked a few times throughout the day. Typically the train in the station would dispatch after the train on the course had already cleared the mid-course break run. Ops were trying something new. As guests would take their seat the op would ask everyone to buckle their seatbelt but not pull down the restraint. As the ops came along they would check your seatbelt and lower the restraint at the same time. It's very similar to a process used on Top Thrill Dragster.

It's so sad to see trains stack regularly on this former people moving capacity monster. With a good crew working in previous season, trains would roll right in to the station without blocking. So long as these seatbelts remain, that won't be happening anytime soon...
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 17 May 2014, 16:02

kunpc1 wrote:Yesterday ops were slightly better than my previous visit. All 3 trains stacked a few times throughout the day. Typically the train in the station would dispatch after the train on the course had already cleared the mid-course break run. Ops were trying something new. As guests would take their seat the op would ask everyone to buckle their seatbelt but not pull down the restraint. As the ops came along they would check your seatbelt and lower the restraint at the same time. It's very similar to a process used on Top Thrill Dragster.

It's so sad to see trains stack regularly on this former people moving capacity monster. With a good crew working in previous season, trains would roll right in to the station without blocking. So long as these seatbelts remain, that won't be happening anytime soon...
When I visited on Thursday, the park was nearly dead. Line ups were less than 5 minutes but the trains stacked almost 100% of the time which was really sad in my opinion. I remember one girl who already pulled down her restraint and forgot to tie her seatbelt :doh: ... which costed some time obviously.

I think it's still a huge mess and I can't imagine fast line ups during busy summer days.
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

BlackBirdSR1
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by BlackBirdSR1 » 18 May 2014, 04:21

Was there last Thursday, and all day with minimal people, they were being triple stacked, asked an employee why they added them, his response, "to make you feel safe"
They should be optional, save SOO much time.
Poor Behemoth, your were perfect for 2 years, with leviathan so your line was not always so long,
We loved you </3
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
~Walt Disney

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by xlcanada » 19 May 2014, 00:04

Just came back from the park and will like to quickly report that there was minimal train stacking tonight. Line queue was half full and took about 30 minutes to wait when I rode it at 9 pm. So it appears CW is stepping up. Good job CW for improving the operation of Behemoth tonight! :yes:
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

marissa24
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by marissa24 » 01 Jun 2014, 23:08

Hi, I am getting back into riding coasters again. I was an enthusiast during my teen years. However, behemoth just freaks me out so much when the restraint is not completely tight on my thighs (no movement). Is the amount of air normal? My bum literally comes off 4 inches from the seat forwards. My seatbelt was loose so nothing was holding me down. Anyways, that just freaks me out that I don't want to put my hands up. I just wanted to see if others experience the same thing on Behemoth. Leviathan is easier for me to ride but I never rode it with the restraint bobbing yet. I have been on it 3 times so far so let's see if I can brave it while it's bobbing.

RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by RealisticTrain » 02 Jun 2014, 21:02

If you go 4 inches into the air, that isn't right. I feel like the restraint isn't fully down at that point :3 As well if you don't like the bobbing then just complain to the ride attendants and they'll bring it down. Officially, though, ride operators and attendants aren't allowed to force a restraint down (but nearly all of them will).

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 02 Jun 2014, 21:39

It isn't uncommon at all for your butt to lift that far off the seat going over the camelbacks. It happens to me all of the time, but at the same time my thighs are well-secured in the restraint.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

ThrillFan
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by ThrillFan » 02 Jun 2014, 23:55

DantheMan wrote:It isn't uncommon at all for your butt to lift that far off the seat going over the camelbacks. It happens to me all of the time, but at the same time my thighs are well-secured in the restraint.
Same with me.

I notice, however, when I first started riding Behemoth, I liked the restraint extra tight in order to feel extra secure. Now that I'm more comfortable with coasters in general, I dislike it if it is too tight. Not only do not like my legs feeling squished, but i do like the airtime rise out of the seat and don't get that if the restraint is over-tight (restraint forced down one extra notch).

sheldonmans14

Post by sheldonmans14 » 03 Jun 2014, 00:02

The stacking sounds pretty terrible. It could be worse though, at least on Behemoth they can only release one seat. On older rides (i.e. Wild Beast) they have to release the entire trains restraints.
Haunt is gone.
Behemoth Ride Count: 89
Leviathan Ride Count: 8

marissa24
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by marissa24 » 03 Jun 2014, 09:48

DantheMan wrote:It isn't uncommon at all for your butt to lift that far off the seat going over the camelbacks. It happens to me all of the time, but at the same time my thighs are well-secured in the restraint.
ThrillFan wrote: I notice, however, when I first started riding Behemoth, I liked the restraint extra tight in order to feel extra secure. Now that I'm more comfortable with coasters in general, I dislike it if it is too tight. Not only do not like my legs feeling squished, but i do like the airtime rise out of the seat and don't get that if the restraint is over-tight (restraint forced down one extra notch).
Good knowing it is normal. I just feel like my thighs will slip out lol.

ThrillFan: I also like it extra tight and can enjoy the ride as I get more comfortable with the coasters and airtime. I do ask the attendants but sometimes it just won't go any further down and sometimes it will. Last time for example, it wouldn't go any more lower to tighten the restraint so that there is no movement.

Do you have any idea why they aren't supposed to push it down all the way? I wonder if it is a safety issue.