Behemoth Shut down yesterday?

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
cwlife
Banned
Banned

Behemoth Shut down yesterday?

Post by cwlife » 11 May 2008, 17:47

My friend had gone to Wonderland on Saturday, May 10th.
There he had first gone on rides such as Vortex, and Mindbuster first because once he got there, Behemoth's line was outrageously huge. As him and his friends finished with the rides, they decided to check back to Behemoth.

As they got there, the line was empty. Haha, so they though no body wanted to ride Behemoth, and it was a lucky day for them.. They ran towards the entrance and the attendent or operator had told them that the ride is shut down because a little girl had broken her neck.

Now, I don't know who that girl was or how severe the accident was. All I know forsure is that somebody got hurt. I personally think it was a little girl possibly under height restrictions and something to do with head banging since she was small.

I don't really care if you belive me or not.. I'm just saying what my friend had told me. :unsure:

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Re: Behemoth Shut down yesterday?

Post by clewis4u91 » 11 May 2008, 17:52

If that's the case then why would the ride need to be shut down for a week or more? Someone said a train was heading up the lift extremely slow. Something has to be wrong with the ride. Maybe they're just investigating? If an injury happened on Behemoth, I'm sure the media would have found out.

cwlife
Banned
Banned

Post by cwlife » 11 May 2008, 17:58

^ I never said it was shut down for a whole week.
It was shut down for the entire day.

I don't know mabye the media did find out.. You just didn't see.
Again, I don't care if you don't belive me.. I'm not entirely sure I belive it, but why lie?

clewis4u91
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by clewis4u91 » 11 May 2008, 18:00

I know but someone else here (apparently an employee) said that the ride would be closed for a week, maybe 2.

Lithanial
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Lithanial » 11 May 2008, 18:03

I was in the line as it was shut down, I think I would of noticed an ambulance or something if an inury this serious actually happened. They said they were having technical problems with the ride and I noticed the train traveling slowly up the lift hill. So, I don't think this is injury related. How do people come up with this stuff?

Also, there was initially a delay for about 15 minutes and then another train was dispatched with guests on it. Then there was two empty trains dispatched and a third, which the third train was travelling up the lift-hill at a snail pace. Guests were then told the ride would be down for the rest of the day. Why would they dispatch a train full of guest if someone broke their neck?
Last edited by Lithanial on 11 May 2008, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting for Ziz......

cwlife
Banned
Banned

Post by cwlife » 11 May 2008, 18:05

^^Perhaps something happend the day after the incident.

^Mabye, because they asked the operator? :? ..

cheese
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by cheese » 11 May 2008, 18:21

A ride operator would NEVER flat out say somebody was injured on a ride. Ever.

If somebody broke their neck on Behemoth, the media would be all over it.

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 11 May 2008, 18:29

Per the paramedics that work there...

"It was mechanical. No injuries on Behemoth at all. Ran a call next to Behemoth, but nothing from the ride."
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

coasterguy77
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by coasterguy77 » 11 May 2008, 21:21

That's not the case at all dude.

The almbulance was there all day, from as soon as the park opened. I dunno why, but not because a girl broke her neck. Like cheese said, they would never, ever tell someone that a girl broke her neck because someone asks them. EVER. While I was at the park I also heard things like someone fell out at the top and someone had a heart attack. Everybody was just freaking out, I highly doubt anyone was hurt at all. I asked a few different employees at the ride entrance, and they all said that mechanics were fixing a potential problem and it'd be down for the day.
"Where's that monkey? I want to shoot something!"

cwlife
Banned
Banned

Post by cwlife » 11 May 2008, 21:45

Haha, okay soo I found out who the girl was. Her name is Nicole. I've seen her a couple of times and she's some what of a friend ,and this is what I asked her on msn:

nicky, plastic make's peerfect ( L|) says:
..no :S
im not joking
Nikola sssssssssssssoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Nicky says:
did u really brake it, or like injured it?
broke it, i was at the hos[pital all week not the cottage :lol:
Nikola sssssssssssssoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Nicky says:
how'd u brake it?:S
that suckss (N)
OMG
BEHOMITH
I MEANT HOW DID YOU BRAKE IT "ON" BEHEMOTH
:lol::P
?like because of the seat design or something
on the big drop,
my head flew to the side cos of the wind pressure and it snapped.
oh true

Skyrider
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Skyrider » 11 May 2008, 21:50

If her neck was broken, you wouldn't be having a msn conv with her, she should be literally dead. NO ONE was injured on the ride, I work there, no one was injured its all techinical problems that the mechanics are fixing.

cwlife
Banned
Banned

Post by cwlife » 11 May 2008, 21:55

^ Okay, because I have no life but to sit on the computer, and make up a whole msn convo , right? :? :roll:

Honestly, believe what you want guys.. I don't care.
MABYE she fractured it, I don't know. She probably thinks it's broken.
K hold on for a darn whole second. I'm getting a picture of HER with A NECK BRACE.

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Post by DantheMan » 11 May 2008, 21:58

This is ridiculous. People with broken necks are paralyzed. They are not capable of typing on MSN.

Thread locked.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein