some questions for upcoming trip

Discuss the massive B&M Masterpiece that put Canada's Wonderland into the world-class coaster category!
sledgehammerrr
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: some questions for upcoming trip

Post by sledgehammerrr » 16 Jun 2008, 21:21

Wow this topic got a bit out of hand. Anyways, just got back from the park, and got a ride on Behemoth first thing before anything else opened (I don't know if this is new but they let people go to Behemoth before anything else opened and no it wasn't ert) and waited 5 min. We went on Psyclone and Sledgehammer after that, got a quick orbiter ride, got in line for Top Gun and made it halfway until it started raining, went to go get pizza, headed back to the kids section with my 2 little cousins (relived some good childhood memories and nearly broke a kneecap on the ghoster coaster), got my older cousin on the Behemoth again waiting 10-15min, went to get in line for the fly and it started drizzling, it shut down for 30 min and had to test every car atleast 7-8 times, finally got on, went to get a quick ride on the rage(which they ruined this year, does NOT go near as high as it used to...probably only goes half as high now) and then got a ride on the dragon fire (smoothest seat 2nd car from back) and then left at 5:00. All in all it was a fun day and only rained twice.

MixedDrink
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by MixedDrink » 24 Jun 2008, 22:18

Thats good to hear you had a nice trip at CW. :)
Yes I have noticed that too! The Rage seems so lame!
I've actually noticed that JetScream spins more than it used to, I think it probably has something to do with the counterweight getting old.
And god said, "Let there be, Behemoth!"
http://www.themixeddrinkrant.com

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 24 Jun 2008, 23:43

A new counter weight is exactly the same as an old counter weight. It's simply a bunch of weights used to balance out the ride. It has nothing to do with making the ride swing any more or less as it ages. It would be nice if they made Jet Scream do a second loop like all the other similar rides do.

Haven't been around lately, but I hope the 1-train of people in the station has stopped. And I also hope there's less down time than it had near the beginning of the season.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

cedarpointfan1
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by cedarpointfan1 » 25 Jun 2008, 06:13

kunpc1 wrote:A new counter weight is exactly the same as an old counter weight. It's simply a bunch of weights used to balance out the ride. It has nothing to do with making the ride swing any more or less as it ages. It would be nice if they made Jet Scream do a second loop like all the other similar rides do.

Haven't been around lately, but I hope the 1-train of people in the station has stopped. And I also hope there's less down time than it had near the beginning of the season.
You will be glad to hear that the last few times I have been to the park that they were allowing 2-3 trains worth of people into the station now and also there seems to be less downtime as well but alas now that school is out the days of 15-20 minute waits are probably over.
Leviathan Ride Count...244
Coaster Count.........187

kunpc1

Post by kunpc1 » 25 Jun 2008, 08:32

I don't make it to the park much during the summer months. I'll probably go once or twice between now and end of July for a couple rides and maybe Splash Works. However, I'll be sure to get in my Behemoth fix of rides during Behemothon :wink:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney