Michigan's Adventure 2011

Discuss all aspects of other amusement parks here.
canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Michigan's Adventure 2011

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 02 Nov 2010, 20:24

I was just on Michigan's Adventures Facebook Fan Page and it said somewhere on the fan page Michigan's Adventure will announce there new attraction for 2011 soon. Any thoughts about what it might be?

Texas Twister
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Michigan's Adventure 2011

Post by Texas Twister » 02 Nov 2010, 22:25

windseeker?

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by bratman » 03 Nov 2010, 01:17

haha.

Seriously, the park's attendance would not support that kind of investment ($5M).

Geauga Lake just handed them a $10m coaster (the SLC) two years ago. They will not get anything big anytime soon.

I would guess they will get a small flat or two.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

Engineer Blake
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Engineer Blake » 03 Nov 2010, 02:11

If it was them getting Time Warp from us I know I'd do a happy dance!

Texas Twister
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Texas Twister » 03 Nov 2010, 21:14

First off that ride isnt worth 10m, its probably about 12 years old I cant remember. So its depreciated value I'd say 5m at max.

It's such a shame CF closed that park it was so beautiful.

bratman
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by bratman » 04 Nov 2010, 00:08

On the books they still will declare it a $10M investment. Even if the coaster has depreciated in value... they factor in the cost of disassembly, transport, site preparation, and reassembly, and tell the tax man it is a $10M investment.
Paul S.- ACE assistant regional rep. - Canada.

coaster count : 510 (steel 400, wood 110)

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 06 Nov 2010, 23:59

Here is a post I found in this forum http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=57311 and I think it might help us solve the new ride at Michigan's Adventure for 2011
CF noted in their conference call yesterday that Michigan's Adventure (as well as Carowinds) broke total attendance records this year. Hopefully they will be rewarded with a nice addition!

It was also noted that CF's capex will be $70 million (down from $85 million they had stated earlier).
NOTICE: I am not sure if this post is telling the truth or not, however I posted it here because it could help us solve the new ride for 2011.

I would also like to let you know that the announcement for the new ride will be made Tommorow at 7am

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 11 Nov 2010, 15:01

It has been announced. Beach Party will open at Michigans Adventure in 2011.

http://www.miadventure.com/beachparty.shtml
Muskegon, MI -- Adventure in the State of Michigan will be taken to a whole new level this summer when Michigan's Adventure Amusement Park introduces Beach Party, a giant interactive water play attraction, in its WildWater Adventure Waterpark. Beach Party will feature the first of its kind giant geyser, which blasts water over 90 feet in the air. During the eruption guests will see a column of water approximately 20" in diameter gradually rising in the air and towering over the multi-level play area to a height of approximately 95 feet which then rains down over the attraction.

The new multi-level assembly will incorporate over 150 play features, including eight water slides, water jets, water curtains, pipe falls, water wheels, and several net bridges. Guests will be able to drench each other with fire hose jets and interactive water guns. The beach themed area will offer multiple waterfalls throughout. The attraction will be manufactured by WhiteWater West Industries Ltd. of British Columbia, Canada.

"This amazing new 'splashtastic' water area which boasts geysers, gadgets and super-drenching slides will entertain guests of all ages. This is a spectacular addition to Michigan's largest water park," said Camille Jourden-Mark, V. P. and General Manager of Michigan's Adventure.

WildWater Adventure already offers an exciting collection of body slides, tube slides, wave pools, kiddie play areas, and family raft slides--including Funnel of Fear, a giant funnel water slide. Michigan's Adventure is well known for its waterpark, and for its family-friendly admission rate, offering, "Two great parks, for one low price." General admission will remain at $26.00 per person for the 2011 season. Michigan's Adventure also offers 2-day admission tickets and season passes. Season Pass four packs are on sale through Christmas for only $79.99 per pass and offer guests unlimited visits all season. These great prices will allow guests to 'Let the good times flow!' at Michigan's Adventure all summer long.

Guests of Michigan's Adventure will be entertained by thrill rides, kiddie rides, family rides and seven roller coasters, including Shivering Timbers and Thunderhawk. Located just north of Muskegon, Michigan's Adventure is the state's largest amusement park and water park, offering over 60 rides and attractions.

Michigan's Adventure will begin daily operation for the 2011 season on Thursday, May 26. WildWater Adventure will open for daily operation on May 28, 2011.

For more information about Michigan's Adventure's exciting plans for 2011, or for general information about the amusement park, guests may call 231.766.9959 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 231.766.9959 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or visit miadventure.com for the latest news.

Michigan's Adventure is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort, and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

Ryuinfinity
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Ryuinfinity » 11 Nov 2010, 16:00

Looks great for the kids! I remember having a lot of fun on a thing like that when I was young.
Top 5 Coasters:
1. Maverick
2. Top Thrill Dragster
3. Raptor
4. Behemoth
5. Gemini

kunpc1
Dedicated CWManiac
Dedicated CWManiac

Post by kunpc1 » 11 Nov 2010, 19:02

Splash Works could really use a GOOD play structure like this. Since Pump House was installed, most of the water slides have been removed. It's quite simple looking when compared to many of the other water play structures out there.

I'm glad this park is getting something again this year. It's keeping up the theme of family-oriented attractions at this park.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 16 Mar 2016, 15:52

Maybe this topic should be re-named "Michigan's Adventure - Muskegon, MI" as 2011 was quite a while ago. Anyways, Michigan's Adventure has announced a new addition to the park! The last addition to the park was Lakeside Gliders in 2013.

What Michigan's Adventure had announced today is Funland Farm! Funland Farm is a throwback to Michigan's Adventure's early years when the park was known as Deer Park Funland. The animal petting zoo will feature chickens, goats, and sheep. I assume it'll be similar to Snoopy's Barnyard Friends that was added to Kings Island last year. It definitely is a different addition than to what we normally see. But, it will really attract families with kids to Michigan's Adventure this summer! 8)

Photo Credit: Michigan's Adventure via Facebook
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Michigan's Adventure- Muskegon, MI

Post by Johnlloyd » 25 Aug 2016, 10:56

More splash will be coming to Michigan's Adventure in 2017! Michigan's Adventure announced the addition of Half Pint Paradise which is a completely revamped that includes seven new water slides in Wildwater Adventure. Also, the new splash pad will offer new water features many different sea creatures to stimulate children's imaginations. There will also be dump buckets to help cool off children as they play. The new splash pad will be easily accessible to the current splash area, The Beach Party.

In addition to a new path, the current entrance to the Funnel of Fear will be reconfigured for easier water park navigation. There will also be more shade available in form of shaded seats and cabanas to keep guests cool during those hot summer months.

[imgresize 540x221]https://www.miadventure.com/images/ride ... otator.jpg[/imgresize]

Photo Credit: Michigan's Adventure

For more information about the new additions coming to Wilwater Adventure at Michigan's Adventure, you can check out their website. 8)
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

Imperial79
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by Imperial79 » 25 Aug 2016, 16:50

Wow that is great! Good job Michigan's Adventure! Everyone love's shade when at the pool! :)

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Michigan's Adventure- Muskegon, MI

Post by Johnlloyd » 18 Jan 2017, 20:18

Michigan's Adventure has recently released some conceptual art for Half Pint Paradise. It appears it will be a very attractive and appealing play area for the youngest of visitors! 8)

[imgresize 600x400]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RdceB3UWCS8/ ... oncept.jpg[/imgresize]
Photo credit: Michigan's Adventure via Newsplusnotes

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 18 Feb 2017, 22:40

About 10 days ago, Michigan's Adventure began the construction on Half Pint Paradise in Wildwater Adventure. 8)

[imgresize 600x400]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4LDlbNWEAEdSiF.jpg[/imgresize]
Photo credit: Michigan's Adventure via Twitter