Cedar Point and Kings Island 2014

Discuss all aspects of other amusement parks here.
TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Cedar Point and Kings Island 2014

Postby TimgHill » 30 May 2014, 01:40

It seems like weekday evenings are the best time to go to CP. Today we got to the park around 4:30, and left about 8:15, just after closing. In that time we got on Raptor, Blue Streak, TTD, Gemini, Iron Dragon, Gatekeeper, MF (x3), Cedar Creek Mine Ride, and the train. Today we actually managed to get a double ride on MF at the end of the night. We got off in the exit station and they let us right back into the loading station, and we got on the same train we had just gotten off. Also, Gatekeeper was a walk on, we only waited one cycle then got in the back row.

On the topic of Gatekeeper, it's starting to get Behemoth's rattle. In the back row it was surprisingly forceful on the drop, but also surprisingly rough. You can also hear the rattle at the front gate.

Also, our platinum passes initially didn't work at the front gate. A manager came, scanned our passes, and magically they worked again. Tomorrow we're going to ERT to ride Maverick and a few others (Maverick was a 45min wait), then off to King's Island around 11 for Banshee :D

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: Cedar Point and Kings Island 2014

Postby canadaswonderlandguy » 30 May 2014, 03:09

TimgHill wrote:
On the topic of Gatekeeper, it's starting to get Behemoth's rattle. In the back row it was surprisingly forceful on the drop, but also surprisingly rough. You can also hear the rattle at the front gate.

It appears the the bigger the B&M trains are the more sooner it will begin to rattle. Although a B&M coaster starting to rattle after it's first year of operation sounds strange. :hmm:

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » 30 May 2014, 04:02

canadaswonderlandguy wrote:
TimgHill wrote:

It appears the the bigger the B&M trains are the more sooner it will begin to rattle. Although a B&M coaster starting to rattle after it's first year of operation sounds strange. :hmm:

We were at Kings Island on Tuesday and noticed almost the same rattle on Diamondback very similar to Behemoth. We arrived here at Cedar Point on Wednesday and I myself didn't really notice anything dramatic with Gatekeeper. Still nice and smooth. 8)

I do agree with the fantastic crowd levels over the last couple days, basically walking on to every ride other than Maverick which took us 15 to 30 minutes with 4 rides we've done up to today.

May is the perfect time I think to make a worthwhile visit. We've had an amazing time at both parks all week and are definitely making the most of the good weather and decent crowds. We'll be coming home on Saturday to finally check out Guardian, but I will miss CP very much.

BTW I was very very impressed with Banshee at KI. I thought It had fantastic speed and cool g-forces through those inversions. My arms got tired while holding them up through the ride, pleasantly surprised :yes:

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby TimgHill » 31 May 2014, 03:17

We just got back from KI to our hotel. Banshee is amazing, it was surprisingly forceful, huge, and very fast, especially coming out of the zero-g roll. We had an amazing night ride on The Beast, as usual.

Diamondback definitely seems to have the same rattle and shake as Behemoth, it feels identical. Also for Gatekeeper, I was in the very back row both rides, which is usually the roughest for vibrations. The lines were all reasonable today, except for Flight of Fear, which was quoted at 90 minutes, and Firehawk which was cycling awfully. Although today I managed 4 rides in on Maverick during CP ERT, then all the big coasters at KI except for Invertigo tonight, so an awesome day. Hopefully tomorrow's not too awfully busy.

Qdriver
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Qdriver » 31 May 2014, 12:17

^^We loved the Beast as well definitely. We lucked out for our Monday and Tuesday visit, managing to hit Flight of Fear and Skyhawk a few times with very little waiting especially in the evening. We did Banshee during ERT.

One thing is for sure....we definitely need a Banshee at CW.

Today is our last here at Cedar Point. We're gonna try to bang away a couple over ERT before it gets busy then head for home.

Hey Timghill, were you at Breakwater by chance? Would've been early Friday Morning I guess.

TimgHill
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby TimgHill » 08 Jun 2014, 23:43

Early Friday morning I was getting in as many Maverick rides as I could, then heading out of the park at 10:30am to get to King's Island.

While riding Leviathan today I realized how great it would be to have Leviathan and Banshee in the same park. Perfect combination.

Duck
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Duck » 09 Jun 2014, 01:28

Gatekeeper's rattled from day one. The guide/upstop wheels on the train ride "loose" on the track to keep the friction low so it makes it through the course in the morning during testing. The downside is that it oscillates something fierce in the outside seats.
I've ridden 451 different coasters around the world.

Return to “Other Amusement Parks”