Wild Water Kingdom - Brampton, ON

Discuss all aspects of other amusement parks here.
Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Re: Wild Water Kingdom - Brampton, ON

Post by Johnlloyd » 30 Apr 2016, 17:25

It looks like Wild Water Kingdom's website is down or gone. I still think it isn't going to re-open considering how long the reconstruction has been occurring for. 8)
WWK website.PNG
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

My blog: http://www.amusementviews.blogspot.ca

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 30 Apr 2016, 21:31

The website is very generic, complete with rides that are not even in WWK. The last time I checked, WWK does not have a single roller coaster. It would mislead potential guests with false promises. WWK should be reviewed for false advertising.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 30 Apr 2016, 22:18

Johnny Au wrote:The website is very generic, complete with rides that are not even in WWK. The last time I checked, WWK does not have a single roller coaster. It would mislead potential guests with false promises. WWK should be reviewed for false advertising.
That isn't their website... It's a generic site from Network Solutions, owner of 6.6 million domain names... WWK hasn't renewed their website and NS will happily sell it to someone else if they don't renew it...

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 30 Apr 2016, 22:59

Honorarius wrote:
Johnny Au wrote:The website is very generic, complete with rides that are not even in WWK. The last time I checked, WWK does not have a single roller coaster. It would mislead potential guests with false promises. WWK should be reviewed for false advertising.
That isn't their website... It's a generic site from Network Solutions, owner of 6.6 million domain names... WWK hasn't renewed their website and NS will happily sell it to someone else if they don't renew it...
At least someone won't buy WWK's former URL and have it become a shady website featuring stuff that cannot be mentioned here.

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 05 Jul 2016, 18:15

An article about Wild Water Kingdom being closed again this season. There is apparently hope that it will reopen in 2017. The question is however will it reopen? http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-st ... novations/

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 05 Jul 2016, 20:58

I am still sticking with my thought of the water park not re-opening because looking at this aerial imagery below from last year and this year, there is no change or any renovations/expansions noticeable. I feel that they have abandoned the project. It may re-open if it gets a new owner but, I think it'll be redeveloped into something else, which is similarly happening to Ontario Place other than Ontario Place is owned by the Government and Wild Water Kingdom is owned by a private company. 8)
Wild Water Kingdom May 27th, 2015.jpg
Aerial Imagery of Wild Water Kingdom on May 27th, 2015.
Wild Water Kingdom April 16th, 2016.jpg
Aerial Imagery of Wild Water KIngdom on April 16th, 2016.
New for 2018 at Canada's Wonderland: Lumberjack, Flying Canoes, and Splash Island Expansion!

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by StEC » 06 Jul 2016, 18:20

That's sad if anything you can notice some deterioration of the park lands & parking lot with the last image.
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 06 Jul 2016, 19:03

Eventually, mushrooms would grow inside the changerooms and dandelions as tall as us would grow in the parking lots.

The water slides would collapse due to rust.

canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by canadaswonderlandguy » 06 Jul 2016, 20:20

Johnny Au wrote:Eventually, mushrooms would grow inside the changerooms and dandelions as tall as us would grow in the parking lots.

And then there would be graffiti on the buildings and attractions and would eventually be victim to large amounts of vandalism (since this always happens to places once they get abandoned).

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 06 Jul 2016, 23:51

canadaswonderlandguy wrote:
Johnny Au wrote:Eventually, mushrooms would grow inside the changerooms and dandelions as tall as us would grow in the parking lots.

And then there would be graffiti on the buildings and attractions and would eventually be victim to large amounts of vandalism (since this always happens to places once they get abandoned).
Those would no doubt happen.

By the way, the Wikipedia article for Wild Water Kingdom is poorly written: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Water_Kingdom

Johnlloyd
CWManiac
CWManiac

Post by Johnlloyd » 02 Aug 2016, 09:19

According to this report found on Screamscape, Wild Water Kingdom in Brampton has been recently acquired by Premier Parks, LLC. You may recognize Premier Parks, LLC, headed by Kieran Burke and Gary Story from owning properties such as Clementon Amusement Park in New Jersey or operating parks for CNL Lifestyles Properties such as Darien Lake, Frontier City, and Elitch Gardens just to name a few. Apparently, they have plans to eventually re-open the water park as a new first class water park as they will announce their plans in the near future. 8)

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Johnny Au » 02 Aug 2016, 21:26

It was independent for a very long time. I am curious to know what would Premier Parks do to revitalize WWK.

Honorarius
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by Honorarius » 06 Aug 2016, 19:42

Hopefully more than they're doing to revitalize Darien Lake...

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Post by StEC » 08 Aug 2016, 18:15

Honorarius wrote:Hopefully more than they're doing to revitalize Darien Lake...
LOL :rofl:
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

mojosfury
New CWManiac
New CWManiac

Post by mojosfury » 09 Aug 2016, 16:12

Maybe they will use it to store all the second trains for Darien Lake so people stop asking them, and throw VR headsets on them in the parking lot so you can ride it from Canada lol. Or move all the slides to Darien Lake.

Truthfully they have been better to the water park at Darien lake then the rest of the park
How many fish do you see from the top of Behemoth? I count three ^_^