How to add a image to a forum?

Discuss CWMania here. Suggestions, comments and concerns are always welcome. If you feel that your comments are not appropriate for public viewing please private message any moderator.
canadaswonderlandguy
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

How to add a image to a forum?

Postby canadaswonderlandguy » 24 Jan 2012, 02:25

Hey I have been wanting to add a photo to a forum for quite some time now and I don't know how. Can someone here tell me how?

emery96
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: How to add a image to a forum?

Postby emery96 » 24 Jan 2012, 02:40

You can do it a couple if different ways. First, you can upload the photo on an image sharing website (such as photobucket), then post the [img]..[/img] line in the forums. You could also click "Upload attachment" on a post/reply. It is found above the check boxes at the bottom. Finally, you could upload the picture to the CWMania gallery, and then post the URL of the image in the [img].[/img] tags once again. Just remember to resize if necessary.

kunpc1

Re: How to add a image to a forum?

Postby kunpc1 » 24 Jan 2012, 02:41

^Beat me to it!

There are three options. You can upload the picture to the gallery of choice by starting here:
http://www.cwmania.com/gallery/upload.php
You need to resize the picture to certain dimensions (I'll try and get that for you all) if the picture is too "big". Please let me know (PM) if you upload something this way as I believe all pictures need to be approved by staff prior to being displayed (I'll go check it out if you let me know which gallery you've uploaded to). Once uploaded to the site gallery, in your post you can use the [imgresize 600x400]imagelink[/imgresize] for landscape pictures or [imgresize 400x600]imagelink[/imgresize] for portrait pictures (these are the sizes I use when linking pictures to a post).

The second option is simply uploading the picture into your "reply" post. Click on "Post Reply" (don't use the "Quick Reply") and click on the "Upload Attachment" link. Then you can select the file (picture) you'd like to upload into your post. Once the file has uploaded, I find it works well when you click on the "Place Inline" button.

And the third option is to link to a picture on a photo-hosting site (such as photobucket, etc). [img]imagelink[/img]
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

Return to “Site Talk”