New Skin

Discuss CWMania here. Suggestions, comments and concerns are always welcome. If you feel that your comments are not appropriate for public viewing please private message any moderator.
loop-de-loop
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Re: New Skin

Postby loop-de-loop » 07 Sep 2014, 19:56

I like the haunt theme, looks great!

CoasterGeek64
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby CoasterGeek64 » 07 Sep 2014, 20:06

The only thing that's missing is the Giygas music from Earthbound.
Jinkies!!

RealisticTrain
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby RealisticTrain » 08 Sep 2014, 01:36

I'm not really a fan of the new theme. Is there a way to switch back to the old one? I don't really like dark websites all that much, sorry!

xlcanada
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby xlcanada » 08 Sep 2014, 03:43

The only complaint I have is that the red font is a little hard to read. Maybe make it brighter or make it a white font as well?

I love the banner on top though!
At the speed of life, we are bound to crash with each other.

Duck
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Duck » 06 Oct 2014, 22:24

Sorry to be negative, but this theme is just awful on the eyes. Very unreadable.
I've ridden 451 different coasters around the world.

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby StEC » 06 Oct 2014, 22:52

I still say we should have a theme switcher, there are hundreds if not thousands of free themes that are compatible with this forum software and it's so simple to install just a small handful of some of the good ones and allow the members to select which one as their default theme! Not sure why this is an issue?
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Postby DantheMan » 07 Oct 2014, 14:26

StEC,
I am well aware that there are tonnes of free themes out there for the forums. Let me be clear: you are NEVER going to see them on this site because I don't want the site to be viewed that way. This is custom-designed theme so that it matches the rest of the site.

I work hard to make the site usable and enjoyable for everyone but ultimately I make it look like I feel it should look. The theme that you see makes this site what it is, good or bad in your opinion. It differentiates us from other sites out there.

Duck,
This theme will be gone at the end of October as per the norm. I am only asking that you put up with it until then. ;)

During at least one haunt in the past I didn't change the theme on the site for Halloween and people weren't happy with the lack of festivity then. Either way, I have resigned myself to the fact that I can't please everyone!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Site Talk”