New Skin

Discuss CWMania here. Suggestions, comments and concerns are always welcome. If you feel that your comments are not appropriate for public viewing please private message any moderator.
StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

New Skin

Postby StEC » 16 Apr 2012, 21:58

I just got a new gaming PC that I have decided to keep hooked up to my 50" tv via HDMI.... anyways I have not been a very active member but I do check this forum on a daily basis since I have joined and I always found the theme or as I call it the skin on this forum to be a bit of an odd choice, sorry. The black text on gray background does not really evoke Canada's Wonderland to me it's kind of depressing actually BUT now that I view this site in 1080p on the big screen it really just looks bad and hard to read yet I don't seem to have any problems with other sites.

So what I'm suggesting is not necessarily to get rid of this skin because I know in general people don't like change and I'm sure many of you are attached to this look you can keep this as the default skin if you'd like but I would like at the very least a "choice" another skin or maybe two that we can select to use that is lighter & easier to read preferably a black text on white back ground in the post area but maybe with brighter more exciting colours around the other parts that are more amusement park like or more Canada's Wonderland like as I'd like to put it! ;)
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Re: New Skin

Postby DantheMan » 16 Apr 2012, 22:16

A new theme is already in the works. I don't have a definitive date when it will be released but there you have it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby StEC » 16 Apr 2012, 22:21

That's fantastic news thanks!!! :yes:
Niagara Falls deserves a world class amusement/theme park and Marineland is not it!

Lithanial
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Lithanial » 19 Apr 2012, 00:25

^I am sort of offended that you just assume we don't like change.
Waiting for Ziz......

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby StEC » 19 Apr 2012, 00:32

Well it's a well known fact that it's human nature, in general we don't like change especially when something has been a certain way for so long. Sheeesh every time a website changes something it's inevitable that the flood gates open with complaints just look at Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr for example. But making something a choice is always the best way to go and that's what I am asking for that way everyone wins those that like change and those that do not! ;)

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 26 Apr 2012, 11:37

I don't know if I should be saying this....but I kinda already know what the new design looks like.....and trust me, when its released, you guys will LOVE it!!!

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 15 Aug 2013, 20:12

So when is *cough**cough*Neo*cough* coming out? ;)

I've been dying for it for over a year now!!!

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Postby DantheMan » 16 Aug 2013, 02:06

Sorry, it's on the back-burner for now. I work full time and have 3 kids to spend time with in the 3-dimensional world! :tease:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

StEC
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby StEC » 16 Aug 2013, 02:17

There are hundreds of free default skin available for this type of forum software. It's as simple as adding the skin file to the board themes in the administration panel. And many of these skins look fantastic you don't need to do up a custom skin which can be very time consuming. Although I do hope to see this custom skin one day!

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 16 Aug 2013, 02:22

DantheMan wrote:Sorry, it's on the back-burner for now. I work full time and have 3 kids to spend time with in the 3-dimensional world! :tease:

Haha, got to love life! :lol:

Why don't you just make it available to us to chose from even if its a bit incomplete...we can be your beta testers!!! :rofl:

StEC wrote:Although I do hope to see this custom skin one day!

If my mind serves me correct, take a look at the link below for KI Central, the custom skin that was available (not any more) on this site looked some what along the lines of KI Central....I think.

http://www.kicentral.com/forums/

Johnny Au
Junior CWManiac
Junior CWManiac

Postby Johnny Au » 02 Sep 2013, 18:28

I agree that there should be new skins: one that is full-width and another for mobile devices.

I personally use a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display and I can see the edges of the background images.

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 13 May 2014, 19:41

StEC wrote:There are hundreds of free default skin available for this type of forum software. It's as simple as adding the skin file to the board themes in the administration panel. And many of these skins look fantastic you don't need to do up a custom skin which can be very time consuming. Although I do hope to see this custom skin one day!

I like this idea! (Yup, that's right, replying almost 10 months later ;) )

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Postby DantheMan » 13 May 2014, 20:48

Alternative themes for the site will never happen. Sorry folks. The new theme is still on my radar, just not in the forefront.

Dom497
CWManiac
CWManiac

Postby Dom497 » 07 Sep 2014, 02:48

Is there a way so I can see the "default" skin when I'm logged in? My eyes have never liked the colours (in terms that my eyes hurt for some reason).... :unsure:

DantheMan
Admin
Admin

Postby DantheMan » 07 Sep 2014, 04:50

Nope. Sorry, you have to enjoy the site as it is meant to be seen!

Return to “Site Talk”